Senior Software Engineer - Developer Platform
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, December 5, 2023
Front is a customer operations platform that enables support, sales, and account management teams to deliver exceptional service at scale. Front streamlines customer communication by combining the efficiency of a help desk and the familiarity of email, with automated workflows and real-time collaboration behind the scenes. With Front, teams can centralize messages across channels, route them to the right person, and unlock visibility and insights across all of their customer operations.
More than 8,000 businesses across many different industries (manufacturing, logistics, travel, financial services, tech, etc.) use Front to drive operational efficiency that prevents churn, improves retention, and propels customer growth. Backed by Sequoia Capital and Salesforce Ventures, Front has raised $204M from leading venture capital firms and independent investors including top executives at Atlassian, Okta, Qualtrics, Zoom, and PagerDuty. Front has received numerous Great Place to Work accolades, including Y Combinator's list of Top Companies in 2023, #4 on Fortune’s Best Workplaces in the Bay Area™, Inc. Magazine's 2022 Best Workplaces list, Forbes Best Startup Employers 2022 List, and Best workplaces for Millennials 2022 list.
We are looking for an experienced full stack engineer to join the team responsible for the platform and APIs that power over 100 partner integrations, thousands of custom workflows, and millions of API requests per day. As a member of the Developer Platform team, you’ll be responsible for building the next generation of integrations for our partner developers and customers. By enabling customers to take advantage of backend automation and build bespoke UIs within Front, your work will be the foundation of Front’s mission to empower businesses to provide tailor-made service at scale.
As a member of the Developer Platform team, you’ll be responsible for building the next generation of integrations for our partner developers and customers. This includes ownership of Front Platform, which allows customers to create and manage their applications directly in Front. We build the systems behind the Core API, plugin SDK, and application lifecycle framework. More recently, we have focused on no-code solutions which help customers bring in third party data to power their workflows within Front.
What will you be doing?
- Design, develop, and maintain the systems behind Front’s public API, application framework, and plugin SDK
- Drive discussions around Front’s integrations strategy
- Design, build, and own developer-friendly frameworks and documentation
- Collaborate closely with product managers, product designers and other engineers to conceptualize, build and test new product features
What skills and experience do you need?
- Product mindset: committed to building the best user and developer experience
- Industry experience building fast, reliable, real-time web-based applications
- Experience working with or building APIs
- Strong track record of launching and delivering projects of significant complexity and high level of ambiguity
- Understand the trade-offs in employing different engineering solutions to a problem, valuing pragmatism over idealism
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative, and high-growth environment
- Full professional English proficiency
- Experience working with complex data models and distributed systems at scale.
- Experience with TypeScript and React.js.
- Experience with API design
Visas: Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment visa at this time.
Hybrid: This position requires being in-office 2 days a week (Tuesdays and Thursdays)
The US hiring salary range for this full-time position is $150,000- $235,000 USD. Individual compensation packages are based on factors unique to each candidate, including job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, training, and market conditions. At Front, we take a market-based approach to pay. In addition to cash compensation (base salary, which may include commissions or overtime pay where applicable), Fronteers are eligible to receive equity in the company. This resource will provide additional information on our location zone designations. If you have questions, please speak with a member of our recruiting team for additional information.
Zone 1: USD $177,000 -$235,000
Zone 2: USD $159,000- $212,000
Zone 3: USD $150,000 -$200,000
These ranges may be modified by Front at our sole discretion in the future.
What we offer
✨ Competitive salary
🤝 Equity (we are post-series D & backed by some of the best VCs in the US)
🏥 Private health insurance fully covered by Front
💪 Flexible Fridays - learn more here!
🏡 Flexibility to work from home 3 days/week (unless posted as a full-remote role)
🛋 Mental health support with Modern Health
🍼 Family planning support with Maven
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.