Senior Full-Stack Engineer
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, September 9, 2023
Note: this is our first non-founding engineering hire — so if the idea of jumping in with us on challenging problems at the intersection of technology and medicine appeals to you, read on!
Glass Health empowers clinicians with our platform for AI-assisted diagnoses and clinical decision support. Doctors spend twice as much time with computers as they do with patients — our product helps doctors make decisions and draft documentation in seconds. To date, tens of thousands of clinicians have used Glass to generate drafts of differential diagnoses and clinical plans.
We went through Y Combinator this year and recently announced a $5M seed round (led by Initialized), which included some of the most brilliant founders in healthtech: Tom Lee, founder of One Medical; Connor Landgraf, founder and CEO of Eko Health; and Heather Hasson and Trina Spear, the co-founders of FIGS. We’ve also been featured in leading clinical lectures like UCSF Grand Rounds and news outlets like NPR and TechCrunch.
Our co-founders are Dereck Paul, MD who studied medicine at UCSF and Harvard, and Graham Ramsey who designed the first telemedicine-specific EHR and was an early product team leader at healthtech companies like PlushCare and Modern Fertility.
We’re seeking an experienced senior full-stack engineer to help us build the next generation of clinical software. As the first engineer on our team, you’ll have the opportunity to lead on challenging technical problems and help build the future of tools for doctors.
This is a hybrid role: we work in person at an office in San Francisco two days a week. Remote is optional for the remaining days, although the office space is fully available at any time! Unfortunately, we are unable to offer visa sponsorship at this time.
What you'll do
- Work directly with us to solve problems doctors experience every day
- Help plan and build features used by a growing community of doctors around the world
- Make key decisions on architecture, process and engineering design
What we're looking for
- At least 4 years full-stack engineering experience
- Our app uses Python & React, but we’re open to engineers with other backgrounds
- Thrives in a team, but capable of strong independent work
- Passionate about improving the quality of healthcare delivery worldwide
- Experience with Large Language Models
- Experience working in healthcare
- Familiarity with HIPAA & other healthcare regulatory structures
What you'll get
- Flexible work hours & generous PTO
- High autonomy and support from a collaborative team
- New Macbook
- Work from home stipend
- Personal development stipend
- Relocation costs (if applicable) to the SF Bay Area
Glass Health is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate our diversity and are committed to creating an equitable and inclusive team environment that reflects the patient communities we serve. We especially encourage applicants from historically under-represented and under served communities to apply