Product Catalog Integrity Specialist
At GOAT Group our goal is to build the most accurate and expansive catalog for the greatest products from the past, present and future. The Catalog team owns the development of our product catalog data and processes which represent millions of SKUs on the GOAT platform. The Catalog team is responsible for GOAT Group’s catalog, which powers our product experiences, including search, SEO, and our listing services.
The product catalog is an essential part of the GOAT Group experience as it fundamentally influences the way customers browse and discover items that they connect with. This is accomplished by creating standardized catalog processes and working cross-functionally with internal and external partners to source and collect industry leading data using manual resources and technology to enrich product knowledge at scale.
To be successful in this role you must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
We are looking for a talented and passionate Product Catalog Integrity Specialist to join our team to help create the next generation of GOAT Group’s catalog that will play a vital role in the expansion of the product assortment and provide the most extensive product information for our customers.
In this role, you will:
- Serve as a researcher for the catalog team working on increasing the breadth of GOAT Group’s product catalog and conduct research to fill in historical and essential metadata for existing products.
- Be naturally inquisitive, have a passion for digging deep into niche subject matters.
- Identify, report problems related to incorrect data within product catalog.
- Conduct reviews and QA of the existing catalog, site and apps to find and update missing product metadata.
- Own the data integrity of the product catalog.
- Identify and create processes around QA, data filtering and backfill to prevent potential data duplication.
- Work with the Merchandising team to create product templates for cross listed items.
- Serve as the liaison for product catalog update requests and be responsible for seeing the related data changes to completion.
- Work cross functionally with other teams and stakeholders to gather information, feedback and necessary approvals for product data additions or updates.
- Develop an encyclopedic knowledge of products across a variety of genres.
- Ability to effectively research products and to go into detail on steps needed to take to build out the most robust product catalog.
- Identify opportunities to automate manual processes or use tools to improve processes
- Inform and recommend project approaches to guide front and backend infrastructure by providing requirements to and partnering with engineering and product management teams.
We are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree, and 5+ years of experience in an e-commerce or marketplace environment or relevant experience
- Possess extensive knowledge about streetwear and luxury brands, vintage items, trends and culture.
- Experience working in content operations, data quality, data analytics, or a similar area at a consumer technology company.
- Technical curiosity to learn and build an expertise in new processes and technical applications, internal software.
- Experience working with product managers, cross-functional teams, scoping and requesting tech features.
- Comfortable with evaluating ambiguous data, "digging deeper", strong emphasis on issue resolution, research.
- Ability to write simple SQL requests to identify missing product information, work with the Product Catalog and Analytics team to outline requirements for basic reports/dashboards. (certification is a plus)
- Experience with setting up and conducting Quality Assurance post product creation, documenting optimization procedures.
- Advanced Excel/Google Sheets knowledge (certification is a plus)
- Strong ability to prioritize work autonomously, be prompt, and execute under strict timelines.
- Great interpersonal skills, ability to and gather and share information clearly and concisely with project leadership, subject matter experts, and key stakeholders.
- Exhibit maturity, high judgment, analytical talent and leadership.
GOAT Group represents the leading platforms for authentic sneakers, apparel and accessories. Operating four distinct brands–GOAT, Flight Club, Grailed and alias–GOAT Group has a global community of over 50M members across 170 countries.
GOAT is the global platform for the greatest products from the past, present and future. Since its founding in 2015, GOAT has become the leading and most trusted sneaker marketplace in the world, and has expanded to offer apparel and accessories from select emerging, contemporary and iconic brands. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company offers styles across various time periods on its digital platforms and in its retail locations, while delivering products to over 50 million members across 170 countries.
Established in New York City over 15 years ago, Flight Club revolutionized sneaker retail as the original consignment store for rare shoes. Carrying the rarest exclusives and collectible sneakers, Flight Club has evolved from a one-stop sneaker destination, to a cultural hub for sneaker enthusiasts and novices alike. With three brick-and-mortar locations in New York City, Los Angeles and Miami, Flight Club remains the premier source for authentic, rare sneakers.
Founded in 2013, Grailed is the leading community-driven marketplace for rare luxury, streetwear and vintage fashion. The marketplace was built for enthusiasts, by enthusiasts, and features products from brands including Supreme, Raf Simons, Gucci, Saint Laurent, Balenciaga, Prada and more. With a highly curated selection of resale pieces including inventory exclusive to the platform, Grailed makes fashion accessible.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including Park West Asset Management, T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc., Franklin Templeton, Adage Capital Management, Ulysses Management, D1 Capital Partners, Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable. If you are a California resident, please review our California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants.
If you are an EU or UK resident, please review our EU / UK Candidate & Employee Privacy Notice.
Something looks off?