Senior Software Engineer II - Backend
About the Team
At GOAT Group, the Engineering team is an integral part of our dynamic company. By joining the team, your skills will be front and center, working alongside other passionate individuals to solve problems and build software. From launching compelling new consumer experiences, tackling global logistics challenges to scaling infrastructure to facilitate our rapid growth – technology is essential to driving our vision forward. The work you do will change the way the world shops, while also empowering entrepreneurs, including individual sellers, brands and boutiques.
We are looking for an experienced Senior-Level Software Engineer to help our team design and implement new features across multiple backend applications. As both a technical leader and a core individual contributor, you will play a key role in enhancing our applications, working on important consumer-facing features, and providing sought-after technical guidance. This is a high level IC position. This role is crucial to the technical growth and trajectory of GOAT, working directly with our high-level executives and collaborating across multiple teams. This role works hand-in-hand with GOAT Product Teams. On this team you are responsible for creating new products that yield solutions with validated value for our customers and their engagement with our brand /web / apps. With things like drops, auctions, and virtual spaces, GOAT plans to create a unique shopping experience, unlike any other brand.
In this role, you will:
- Take point on projects and problems of significant scope, possibly spanning multiple teams and applications
- Deliver stable, well-tested solutions on time, delegating where appropriate
- Provide clear technical direction and advocate for improvement while minimizing downtime and risk
- Adapt to technical change with agility by proposing creative and thoughtful alternatives
- Coordinate with other leaders and set proper expectations for all parties involved
- Bring technical leadership and oversight to all teams and projects of which you are a part
- Successful engineers at this level also look well beyond their specific assignments to help ensure that the whole project gets over the finish line quickly and correctly
We are looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering with some background in Ruby on Rails and/or Golang
- Must have recent experience working closely with Product Managers / Product Teams
- Senior level backend engineering knowledge
- Experience working directly with high level executives and understand the relationships between PMs/EMs/Architects/Tech Leads etc.
- Experience with e-Commerce/Web Applications
- Familiar and comfortable with the technologies, the tradeoffs, and the design patterns emerging in web services
- A quick learner, a self-starter, able to work independently, and you're willing (and able) to handle the pressures of an increasing level of responsibility
- BS degree preferred
- Experience with search and browse, search experience, or discovery teams (is a plus)
GOAT Group represents the leading platforms for authentic sneakers, apparel and accessories. Operating four distinct brands–GOAT, Flight Club, Grailed and alias–GOAT Group has a global community of over 50M members across 170 countries.
GOAT is the global platform for the greatest products from the past, present and future. Since its founding in 2015, GOAT has become the leading and most trusted sneaker marketplace in the world, and has expanded to offer apparel and accessories from select emerging, contemporary and iconic brands. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company offers styles across various time periods on its digital platforms and in its retail locations, while delivering products to over 50 million members across 170 countries.
Established in New York City over 15 years ago, Flight Club revolutionized sneaker retail as the original consignment store for rare shoes. Carrying the rarest exclusives and collectible sneakers, Flight Club has evolved from a one-stop sneaker destination, to a cultural hub for sneaker enthusiasts and novices alike. With three brick-and-mortar locations in New York City, Los Angeles and Miami, Flight Club remains the premier source for authentic, rare sneakers.
Founded in 2013, Grailed is the leading community-driven marketplace for rare luxury, streetwear and vintage fashion. The marketplace was built for enthusiasts, by enthusiasts, and features products from brands including Supreme, Raf Simons, Gucci, Saint Laurent, Balenciaga, Prada and more. With a highly curated selection of resale pieces including inventory exclusive to the platform, Grailed makes fashion accessible.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including Park West Asset Management, T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc., Franklin Templeton, Adage Capital Management, Ulysses Management, D1 Capital Partners, Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable. If you are a California resident, please review our California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants.
If you are an EU or UK resident, please review our EU / UK Candidate & Employee Privacy Notice.