Asset Protection Specialist
About the Team
At GOAT Group, the Asset Protection team is dedicated to offering our employees a safe workplace that operates at the highest level of integrity. The department is comprised of Asset Protection, Security, Inventory Control, and Workplace Services. This structure ensures that one global team oversees the physical security of our facilities, the maintenance of our facilities, the movement of our inventory, and the overall safety of our employees. As our global expansion continues, we are looking for passionate people to join the team and help take our department to new heights.
This role will support the Asset Protection Team in our Atlanta facility. The incumbent will help ensure a safe and secure work environment by acting as a visual deterrent to potential loss while also documenting any/all required activities.
In this role, you will:
- Review and help revise the Security Guard POST Orders for your assigned facility.
- Train existing security guards on the POST Orders
- Ensure that all aspects of the POST Orders are in place, monitored, and enforced
- Interview all new security guards prior to their official assignment
- Assist in enforcing the facility level IIP Program, Emergency Evacuation Procedures, and the Fire Prevention Program as directed.
- Where applicable, assist with access control compliance, the visitor program, and access card audits.
- Complete opening/closing checklists and communicate findings.
- Assist the Asset Protection/Inventory Control teams by helping conduct the following procedures (where applicable):
- Vendor Audits
- Truck Audits (Shipping/Receiving)
- Monthly Fire Extinguisher Tests
- High Value Cage Audits
- Warehouse Cycle Count Inventories
- Support the local management team with any planned and/or special events.
- Controlling the entrance and departure of GOAT employees/Temps, visitors and vehicles according to protocols.
- Monitoring surveillance cameras and the premises to watch out for any disruptions or unlawful/suspicious activities.
- Evicting trespassers and violators and detaining perpetrators while following legal protocols before relevant authorities arrive to take over.
- Be trusted to make smart decisions, consistent with applicable guidance and policies, requiring good judgment both proactively and reactively.
- Any other duties as assigned by Asset Protection, Workplace Services, and/or Operations.
We are looking for:
- A motivated and team oriented individual with one or more years of Distribution Center and/or Retail store experience. This includes the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Security Guard experience
- Audit and compliance experience
- Ability to coach and train team members
- Ability to confidentially handle personal and/or sensitive information
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the evolving needs of the business
- Google Suite and IOS experience is a plus for this position
- Ability to work in a typical warehouse or retail environment. This could include dust, fluctuating temperatures, and extended time frames of sitting and/or walking.
The GOAT Group Asset Protection Department was newly created in late 2019, so there is a significant amount of long-term growth potential in our warehouse, retail, and corporate verticals.
GOAT Group represents the leading platforms for authentic sneakers, apparel and accessories. Operating four distinct brands–GOAT, Flight Club, Grailed and alias–GOAT Group has a global community of over 50M members across 170 countries.
GOAT is the global platform for the greatest products from the past, present and future. Since its founding in 2015, GOAT has become the leading and most trusted sneaker marketplace in the world, and has expanded to offer apparel and accessories from select emerging, contemporary and iconic brands. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company offers styles across various time periods on its digital platforms and in its retail locations, while delivering products to over 50 million members across 170 countries.
Established in New York City over 15 years ago, Flight Club revolutionized sneaker retail as the original consignment store for rare shoes. Carrying the rarest exclusives and collectible sneakers, Flight Club has evolved from a one-stop sneaker destination, to a cultural hub for sneaker enthusiasts and novices alike. With three brick-and-mortar locations in New York City, Los Angeles and Miami, Flight Club remains the premier source for authentic, rare sneakers.
Founded in 2013, Grailed is the leading community-driven marketplace for rare luxury, streetwear and vintage fashion. The marketplace was built for enthusiasts, by enthusiasts, and features products from brands including Supreme, Raf Simons, Gucci, Saint Laurent, Balenciaga, Prada and more. With a highly curated selection of resale pieces including inventory exclusive to the platform, Grailed makes fashion accessible.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including Park West Asset Management, T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc., Franklin Templeton, Adage Capital Management, Ulysses Management, D1 Capital Partners, Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable. If you are a California resident, please review our California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants.
If you are an EU or UK resident, please review our EU / UK Candidate & Employee Privacy Notice.