About the Team
At GOAT Group, the Engineering team is an integral part of our dynamic company. By joining the team, your skills will be front and center, working alongside other passionate individuals to solve problems and build software. From launching compelling new consumer experiences, tackling global logistics challenges to scaling infrastructure to facilitate our rapid growth – technology is essential to driving our vision forward. The work you do will change the way the world shops, while also empowering entrepreneurs, including individual sellers, brands and boutiques.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to support a squad of Frontend, Backend, and Mobile Engineers on a cross-functional squad. The ideal Engineering Manager understands how to connect the work of the engineers to the product and business needs, emphasizing efficient delivery. At Grailed, an Engineering Manager is responsible for both the people and performance management of the squad, while creating a friendly and safe working environment while facilitating growth, providing the team with the resources they need to successfully build and support the Grailed platform.
In this role, you will
- Create a friendly and safe work environment that values inclusion, diversity and teamwork.
- Mentor your team, facilitating their growth and providing them with the resources they need to be successful.
- Act as hiring manager to recruit, interview, and onboard new teammates.
- Be an instrumental part of planning and executing your team’s roadmap.
- Work to improve the health and function of the entire engineering organization.
- Promote an environment that fosters a supportive and performant team.
- Provide your reports with regular feedback, and conduct performance reviews.
- Own the planning, execution and success of sophisticated technical projects
- Identify and resolve process bottlenecks and thoughtfully implement processes that enhance the team's code quality and customer impact
- Coordinate and communicate seamlessly across engineering and product leadership teams
We are looking for:
- 3+ years experience as an engineering manager, with a team of four or more direct reports.
- You have experience working on cross-functional teams.
- You know the ins-and-outs of management. You know how to measure the health of your teams, you can debug underperforming teams, and you have experience delivering both positive and constructive performance feedback.
- Your approach has diversity and inclusion at its core.
- People that report to you excel, you are someone people will make a sacrifice to work with.
- You are technically adept. You have a storied experience as an engineer, can assess technical risk, and speak to trade-offs.
- You have experience as a hiring manager.
GOAT Group represents the leading platforms for authentic sneakers, apparel and accessories. Operating four distinct brands–GOAT, Flight Club, Grailed and alias–GOAT Group has a global community of over 50M members across 170 countries.
GOAT is the global platform for the greatest products from the past, present and future. Since its founding in 2015, GOAT has become the leading and most trusted sneaker marketplace in the world, and has expanded to offer apparel and accessories from select emerging, contemporary and iconic brands. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company offers styles across various time periods on its digital platforms and in its retail locations, while delivering products to over 50 million members across 170 countries.
Established in New York City over 15 years ago, Flight Club revolutionized sneaker retail as the original consignment store for rare shoes. Carrying the rarest exclusives and collectible sneakers, Flight Club has evolved from a one-stop sneaker destination, to a cultural hub for sneaker enthusiasts and novices alike. With three brick-and-mortar locations in New York City, Los Angeles and Miami, Flight Club remains the premier source for authentic, rare sneakers.
Founded in 2013, Grailed is the leading community-driven marketplace for rare luxury, streetwear and vintage fashion. The marketplace was built for enthusiasts, by enthusiasts, and features products from brands including Supreme, Raf Simons, Gucci, Saint Laurent, Balenciaga, Prada and more. With a highly curated selection of resale pieces including inventory exclusive to the platform, Grailed makes fashion accessible.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including Park West Asset Management, T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc., Franklin Templeton, Adage Capital Management, Ulysses Management, D1 Capital Partners, Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable. By applying, you authorize GOAT Group to send you text messages regarding your job application, interview and/or onboarding process, and other job opportunities at GOAT Group. If you are a California resident, please review our California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants. If you are an EU or UK resident, please review our EU / UK Candidate & Employee Privacy Notice.