About the Team
At GOAT Group, our Disputes Team is essential in maintaining trust between our buyers and sellers. Tasked with everything from auditing purchases to verifying credit card information, you will be part of a group dedicated to protecting our customers as well as the integrity of our platforms. In this vital role, you will use best-in-class technology alongside our own proprietary analytical models to ensure superior fraud prevention.
The Senior Disputes Manager is responsible for managing the disputes team. Develops policies and procedures as well as identifies opportunities to improve the accuracy and efficiency of the team efforts to detect, prevent and reduce fraud and dispute losses while providing a quality consumer experience for our customers.
In this role, you will:
- Lead, manage, and train a team of Disputes Specialists
- Collaborate with leadership to establish performance KPIs across the team and continuously monitor and manage team members to these targets
- Review and manage appropriate queues to ensure orders and disputes are processed and resolved in a timely manner
- Work with the specialists to reduce instances of fraud, identify areas of high fraud or dispute activity, and work in conjunction with the Fraud, CX and OPS teams to improve fraud detection, dispute reduction and loss and abuse prevention
- Regularly educate specialists and investigators on fraud and dispute activity and associated behaviors to ensure consistency
- Review all escalated disputes on a daily basis in a timely manner, adhering to company service level agreements
- Assist in reviewing and analyzing orders, working disputes, resolving tickets and handling customer inquiries.
- Serve as subject matter expert as well as the first point of contact internally and externally across departments in reviewing transactions, troubleshooting issues and handling escalations.
- Streamline processes to ensure consistency across all platforms
- Create and maintain insightful tracking and reporting for specialists performance reviews, team efficiency and department effectiveness. Provide weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting to senior management and finance. Maintain a dispute and recovery rate of at or below goals.
- Leverage various data points and data sets to drive decisions and understand, summarize and communicate the financial and customer impact on the business and respective goals
- Provide detailed analysis of disputes to provide insight into potential areas of improvement, helping to scale and automate fraud and dispute flow.
- Assist in communicating the fraud and dispute process and desired product and process improvements with senior management, fraud, customer service and other cross-functional teams to improve the user experience. Create and manage projects from conception to completion.
- Ensure that customers are receiving the best service across fraud and dispute-related touchpoints
We are looking for:
- 3+ years of experience managing fraud and disputes teams in e-commerce fraud and payments environments
- A proven people manager who closely monitors team performance while building camaraderie, maintaining team morale and motivating others to continuously improve their KPIs
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to think analytically (and teach others to do so as well) and drive informed, accurate decisions
- Ability to thrive and drive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and maintain efficiency with minimal errors
- Highly organized and focused on meeting critical deadlines on short timelines
- Self-starter and comfortable taking initiative while quickly grasping concepts, processes and ideas
- Experience working directly with consumers and internal customer support teams
- Willingness to go the extra mile to ensure that we provide the best consumer experience
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
*Ensure entire post is Helvetica size 10
GOAT Group represents the leading platforms for authentic sneakers, apparel and accessories. Operating four distinct brands–GOAT, Flight Club, Grailed and alias–GOAT Group has a global community of over 50M members across 170 countries.
GOAT is the global platform for the greatest products from the past, present and future. Since its founding in 2015, GOAT has become the leading and most trusted sneaker marketplace in the world, and has expanded to offer apparel and accessories from select emerging, contemporary and iconic brands. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company offers styles across various time periods on its digital platforms and in its retail locations, while delivering products to over 50 million members across 170 countries.
Established in New York City over 15 years ago, Flight Club revolutionized sneaker retail as the original consignment store for rare shoes. Carrying the rarest exclusives and collectible sneakers, Flight Club has evolved from a one-stop sneaker destination, to a cultural hub for sneaker enthusiasts and novices alike. With three brick-and-mortar locations in New York City, Los Angeles and Miami, Flight Club remains the premier source for authentic, rare sneakers.
Founded in 2013, Grailed is the leading community-driven marketplace for rare luxury, streetwear and vintage fashion. The marketplace was built for enthusiasts, by enthusiasts, and features products from brands including Supreme, Raf Simons, Gucci, Saint Laurent, Balenciaga, Prada and more. With a highly curated selection of resale pieces including inventory exclusive to the platform, Grailed makes fashion accessible.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including Park West Asset Management, T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc., Franklin Templeton, Adage Capital Management, Ulysses Management, D1 Capital Partners, Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable. By applying, you authorize GOAT Group to send you text messages regarding your job application, interview and/or onboarding process, and other job opportunities at GOAT Group. If you are a California resident, please review our California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants. If you are an EU or UK resident, please review our EU / UK Candidate & Employee Privacy Notice.