Human Resources Business Partner, EMEA
About the Team
Our People Team is key to the growth of GOAT Group as the company continues to expand globally. Through our innovative programs and data-driven strategies, the company is committed to building a culture that is inclusive, cooperative and motivating. As a member of this team, you will play an indispensable part in our company's future by matching talent to the right roles as well as cultivating an environment in which all of our employees – across our warehouses, Flight Club retail stores and corporate teams – are able to thrive.
Leading our International Ops support, this role will support and lead our human resources function for the European market, enabling our People team to understand the objectives of our multifaceted organization (corporate, warehousing and global teams) and how we translate these business priorities into people strategies.
The person in this role brings curiosity and drive towards solving complex multinational organizational and business challenges with a collaborative, entrepreneurial approach. Leveraging an analytical and user-centric mindset, this individual not only identifies solutions that immediately impact the organization, but can also scale with future market expansion.
In this role, you will:
- Partner with the HRBP and COE teams to establish the first People team presence in Europe
- Be the day-to-day HR support for employee questions in partnership with the COE teams (People Ops, Payroll, Benefits, Compensation, etc), and process transactions related to the employee lifecycle
- Partner with the COEs to develop and execute on policies and processes that are locally compliant while keeping a consistent global approach where possible.
- Provide functional support to the payroll team to ensure each payroll is submitted timely and accurately
- Identify and address opportunities where people initiatives may be in support of key business strategies and objectives
- Serve as a trusted business partner and advisor to our European-based senior leadership team in all aspects of the employee lifecycle across our corporate and operations teams within the European market
- Partner with the global People team in planning and delivering on core People programs and initiatives that enable the organization to grow at scale
- Ensure that the People initiatives within respective client groups are appropriately aligned across broader, company-wide goals
- Support evolution of GOAT Group’s engagement model as the organization continues to increase in complexity around the world, in partnership with the People Operations and other COE teams
- Partner with stakeholders within and beyond the People team (e.g. IT, Marketing & Communications, Finance, etc.) as needed
We are looking for:
- Experience in a human resources business partnership capacity, influencing and coaching senior leaders
- Experience with business norms, customs, and employment standards specific to the European market, with a focus on Germany, UK and Netherlands.
- Must be fluent in English with the ability to connect US-based teams to European teams as needed
- Experience navigating local government systems in order to accomplish business related tasks.
- Experience providing consultative guidance to both individual contributors and executive business leaders
- Emotional intelligence and capacity to operate in an ambiguous environment with a distributed workforce
- Confidence to challenge current processes/standards to pursue continuous improvement
- Ability to create an optimal team member experience that also meets business needs
- Excellent communication, detail-orientation, and organization abilities
- Financial acumen and the ability to analyze business needs to deploy people strategies
- Ability to drive full life cycle of multinational programs from discovery to delivery
GOAT Group represents the leading platforms for authentic sneakers, apparel and accessories. Operating four distinct brands–GOAT, Flight Club, Grailed and alias–GOAT Group has a global community of over 50M members across 170 countries.
GOAT is the global platform for the greatest products from the past, present and future. Since its founding in 2015, GOAT has become the leading and most trusted sneaker marketplace in the world, and has expanded to offer apparel and accessories from select emerging, contemporary and iconic brands. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company offers styles across various time periods on its digital platforms and in its retail locations, while delivering products to over 50 million members across 170 countries.
Established in New York City over 15 years ago, Flight Club revolutionized sneaker retail as the original consignment store for rare shoes. Carrying the rarest exclusives and collectible sneakers, Flight Club has evolved from a one-stop sneaker destination, to a cultural hub for sneaker enthusiasts and novices alike. With three brick-and-mortar locations in New York City, Los Angeles and Miami, Flight Club remains the premier source for authentic, rare sneakers.
Founded in 2013, Grailed is the leading community-driven marketplace for rare luxury, streetwear and vintage fashion. The marketplace was built for enthusiasts, by enthusiasts, and features products from brands including Supreme, Raf Simons, Gucci, Saint Laurent, Balenciaga, Prada and more. With a highly curated selection of resale pieces including inventory exclusive to the platform, Grailed makes fashion accessible.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including Park West Asset Management, T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc., Franklin Templeton, Adage Capital Management, Ulysses Management, D1 Capital Partners, Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable. By applying, you authorize GOAT Group to send you text messages regarding your job application, interview and/or onboarding process, and other job opportunities at GOAT Group. If you are a California resident, please review our California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants. If you are an EU or UK resident, please review our EU / UK Candidate & Employee Privacy Notice.