Senior Manager, Procurement
About the Team
At GOAT Group, the Finance team is responsible for managing the company's financial profile. Through analysis, reporting, long-range planning and partnering with business leaders, our Finance team enables strategic decision-making and helps contextualize financial implications across the company. By joining our Finance team, you will work with a group of thoughtful, insightful individuals, all of whom are committed to solving complex problems and ensuring the continued growth of the company and its platforms.
As a Senior Procurement Manager, reporting into the VP, Corporate Controller, you will be asked to partner with internal stakeholders to research and buy software, services and products to meet our daily operational needs. This position will have responsibility ranging from daily tactical execution to supporting numerous strategic initiatives relative to vendor management, cost savings and process enhancements. Position will interact heavily with all departments across the company, especially legal, operations and finance. With a strong background in purchasing and supply chain management, this role will help lead the company forward by making suggestions to the procurement process, finding/validating/securing suppliers while ensuring cost, quality, and delivery on all purchased materials. This role will also consider usage of vendors across departments to support cost savings initiatives such as reduction in software redundancies and efficiencies in software/systems. We are looking for an astute, analytical, relationship builder who is an experienced negotiator and dealmaker.
In this role, you will:
- Lead, coordinate, and support sourcing activities for various categories, including preparing RFPs, analyzing bids and managing the source-to-pay process
- Analyze spend data, internal requirements, and external supply markets to develop strategic sourcing strategies and plans aligned with the business goals
- Prepare, redline and broker commercial contracts including master agreements, statements of works, and amendments
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with internal clients to strategically manage spend and the supply base for assigned categories
- Act as procurement subject matter expert and internal consultant to the business to identify, develop and deploy standard methodology procurement, category management, and supplier management practices
- Streamline procurement processes, identify areas for improvement, and implement best practices
- Prepare and process purchase orders based on approved requisitions, ensuring accuracy and compliance with policies
- Negotiate best-in-class terms for vendor agreements, partnering with GOAT’s legal and finance teams
- Partner with GOAT’s accounting and accounts payable team to ensure timely vendor payment; manage any discrepancies between agreed and invoiced amounts
- Manage to and report data-driven KPIs including measures of quality, cost and timeliness
We are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, Procurement, Finance or Management
- 7+ years of procurement experience and experience leading / building a procurement team
- Experience in the e-commerce industry or supply chain, with knowledge across a wide range of procurement categories, ideally including several of the following: facilities, shipping, packaging, physical security, IT, third-party logistics providers
- Best-in-class negotiation skills
- Experience with deploying/operating vendor management / procurement software tools is a must
- Experience in working with tools including Google GSuite, Microsoft Excel, ERP systems (NetSuite), procurement systems and contract management tools
GOAT Group represents the leading platforms for authentic sneakers, apparel and accessories. Operating four distinct brands–GOAT, Flight Club, Grailed and alias–GOAT Group has a global community of over 50M members across 170 countries.
GOAT is the global platform for the greatest products from the past, present and future. Since its founding in 2015, GOAT has become the leading and most trusted sneaker marketplace in the world, and has expanded to offer apparel and accessories from select emerging, contemporary and iconic brands. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company offers styles across various time periods on its digital platforms and in its retail locations, while delivering products to over 50 million members across 170 countries.
Established in New York City over 15 years ago, Flight Club revolutionized sneaker retail as the original consignment store for rare shoes. Carrying the rarest exclusives and collectible sneakers, Flight Club has evolved from a one-stop sneaker destination, to a cultural hub for sneaker enthusiasts and novices alike. With three brick-and-mortar locations in New York City, Los Angeles and Miami, Flight Club remains the premier source for authentic, rare sneakers.
Founded in 2013, Grailed is the leading community-driven marketplace for rare luxury, streetwear and vintage fashion. The marketplace was built for enthusiasts, by enthusiasts, and features products from brands including Supreme, Raf Simons, Gucci, Saint Laurent, Balenciaga, Prada and more. With a highly curated selection of resale pieces including inventory exclusive to the platform, Grailed makes fashion accessible.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including Park West Asset Management, T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc., Franklin Templeton, Adage Capital Management, Ulysses Management, D1 Capital Partners, Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable. By applying, you authorize GOAT Group to send you text messages regarding your job application, interview and/or onboarding process, and other job opportunities at GOAT Group. If you are a California resident, please review our California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants. If you are an EU or UK resident, please review our EU / UK Candidate & Employee Privacy Notice.