Senior Data Analyst - Product Analytics
About the Team
This Senior Data Analyst - Product Analytics role will support GOAT Group's Grailed brand. Founded in 2013, Grailed is the leading community-driven marketplace for rare luxury, streetwear and vintage fashion. The marketplace was built for enthusiasts, by enthusiasts, and features products from brands including Supreme, Raf Simons, Gucci, Saint Laurent, Balenciaga, Prada and more. With a highly curated selection of resale pieces including inventory exclusive to the platform, Grailed makes fashion accessible.
Our team prides itself on providing an environment that encourages learning and growth, giving you the opportunity to lead your own projects and take pride in the work you do. We're constantly looking for chances to create a more inclusive, fun, collaborative, and effective work environment.
As the Senior Data Analyst, Product Analytics you will be the Product Analytics expert supporting our Community-Powered Discovery team, providing reporting and strategic, data-backed decision support while generating deep understanding of our customers and inventory. Through foundational work like event instrumentation and Product Analytics reporting, up to increasingly complex analyses like ML-powered user bucketing based on feature usage, you will drive the Grailed product forward with data.
You bring a proven analytical track record combined with deep, demonstrable product knowledge that will help Grailed unlock value for our customers through data-led improvements to our product experience. You will work cross-functionally with our Marketing and Retention teams to ensure our product analytics serve orgwide partners, and you willcollaborate with other analysts who support different Product or Marketing squads while integrating with the broader Data team, including working closely with Data Engineering. You will lead by example, peer-review others’ analyses, assist on complex tasks and share your Product Analytics expertise to raise the team’s overall data capabilities.
You will use data and product experience to solve complex problems where new, innovative solutions result in better user experiences and meaningful metric improvements (A Ha and Habit moments, Activation Rate, Conversion Rate, Repeat Purchase Rate, etc), and you will refine and enforce best practices for product experimentation and analysis. Your goal is to bring rigor and insights to every product decision we make and, through data, to identify areas of opportunity for future product growth.
We value empathy and collaboration, and we look for teammates who are willing to not only demonstrate their own value but seek to share the spotlight and develop others’ skills to succeed as a team.
In this role, you will:
- Serve as a trusted partner to the Community Powered Discovery team and EPD management by developing a deep understanding of user personas and marketplace behaviors
- Identify analytical solutions and insights to drive improvement in: product functionality, user experience and retention, and general product development (i.e. in which product areas should the Community team focus for greatest ROI)
- Use ML and Data Science to develop data products and insights to be incorporated into the Grailed application to improve the user experience and drive revenue
- Increase Product data fluency at Grailed through the definition, implementation, and QA of analytics events, and the creation of standardized metrics, intuitive reporting and dashboards, and compelling business insights
- Extract data out of Big Data technologies (i.e. Snowflake) and create reporting in Looker and Amplitude to produce clear and actionable insights to drive decisions across the business
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams of designers, product owners, engineers, and researchers, designing and measuring tests that help us understand the impact of product changes on user behavior
- Partner with Data Engineering to identify new data needs and QA modeled date to ensure it meets EPD stakeholder requirements
We are looking for:
- 5+ years in an Analytics, Business Intelligence, or data-related role
- 4+ years experience working directly in Product Analytics or as a part of a cross-functional Product team
- Mastery of core Product concepts like A Ha and Habit moments, bounce rates, product conversion funnels, and using Product Analytics SaaS tools; Amplitude preferred
- Strong technical skills for wrangling and querying complex datasets: expert in SQL for extraction (including complex joins, CTE, window functions, query optimization) and Python required for data cleaning and exploratory analysis (e.g. pandas, numpy)
- Proven experience using data science or ML applications to increase knowledge of user behaviors and result in measurable product changes
- Experience with statistics and data science methodologies (e.g. hypothesis testing, regressions, and other machine learning techniques such as clustering)
- Experience with experimentation, including A/B and multivariate testing, incrementality tests or lift studies, etc
- Data visualization and reporting experience; Looker and LookML preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively with and prioritize requests from both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- History of success in fast-moving, unstructured environment
- Preferred: Experience with Snowflake, Customer Data Platforms (Segment), transactional marketplaces, Web+App products
GOAT Group represents the leading platforms for authentic sneakers, apparel and accessories. Operating four distinct brands–GOAT, Flight Club, Grailed and alias–GOAT Group has a global community of over 50M members across 170 countries.
GOAT is the global platform for the greatest products from the past, present and future. Since its founding in 2015, GOAT has become the leading and most trusted sneaker marketplace in the world, and has expanded to offer apparel and accessories from select emerging, contemporary and iconic brands. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company offers styles across various time periods on its digital platforms and in its retail locations, while delivering products to over 50 million members across 170 countries.
Established in New York City over 15 years ago, Flight Club revolutionized sneaker retail as the original consignment store for rare shoes. Carrying the rarest exclusives and collectible sneakers, Flight Club has evolved from a one-stop sneaker destination, to a cultural hub for sneaker enthusiasts and novices alike. With three brick-and-mortar locations in New York City, Los Angeles and Miami, Flight Club remains the premier source for authentic, rare sneakers.
Founded in 2013, Grailed is the leading community-driven marketplace for rare luxury, streetwear and vintage fashion. The marketplace was built for enthusiasts, by enthusiasts, and features products from brands including Supreme, Raf Simons, Gucci, Saint Laurent, Balenciaga, Prada and more. With a highly curated selection of resale pieces including inventory exclusive to the platform, Grailed makes fashion accessible.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including Park West Asset Management, T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc., Franklin Templeton, Adage Capital Management, Ulysses Management, D1 Capital Partners, Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable. By applying, you authorize GOAT Group to send you text messages regarding your job application, interview and/or onboarding process, and other job opportunities at GOAT Group. If you are a California resident, please review our California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants. If you are an EU or UK resident, please review our EU / UK Candidate & Employee Privacy Notice.