BD & Partnerships Manager, Gaming - ASIA
Horizon Blockchain Games
Sales & Business Development
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2023
At Horizon, we make web3 easy, fun, and accessible for users and builders. Our mission is to unlock web3's utility, drive mass adoption, and accelerate content creation by empowering builders to create amazing web3 games and experiences.
We have two powerful products to achieve our mission:
* Sequence, the leading all-in-one developer platform for building web3 games and apps.
* Skyweaver, a digital trading card game—powered by Sequence—where players can win, own, and trade their NFT/SFT game items.
Sequence unlocks web3’s utility, and is poised to accelerate web3 content creation and drive adoption on a massive scale. Skyweaver—named 2022’s best blockchain game—is a groundbreaking video game with an unprecedented player-owned economy, novel gameplay, and passionate community.
While the challenge is hard, we find it incredibly fun. And, we have the ingredients to make it happen: a well-capitalized company with some of the best investors in the world, including Brevan Howard Digital, Take-Two Interactive Software Inc., Coinbase, Ubisoft, Polygon, Morgan Creek Digital, Initialized, BITKRAFT, and more; an amazing team of leaders in the web3 space; engineers who have built widely popular open source; gaming and tech industry veterans; and founders who have built and sold successful companies.
About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced and energetic Gaming BD & Partnerships Manager to join our business development team and play a key role in the growth of Horizon’s industry-leading web3 gaming infrastructure stack Sequence. You are deeply interested and knowledgeable about blockchain, web3, and gaming in particular.
This role will focus on the Asian region, primarily Korea and Japan. As such, it will require the candidate to delve into their network there, and navigate relationship building in the region. The goal is to develop those relationships, while prospecting, closing, nurturing and maintaining sustainable, long-term partnerships. The ideal candidate has several years of experience in business development or sales roles, and is able to work independently, as well as part of an awesome and collaborative team who will probably become close friends in no time.
We are looking for a self-starter that can be both hands on and strategic. You will report to the Head of Business Development and collaborate with the product & engineering, marketing, and legal teams to, through our offerings, solve real problems our partners are facing while building innovative products in web3. You will be able to easily develop an in-depth knowledge of company offerings, and communicate and pitch tailored messaging to a wide variety of audiences at differing levels of technical sophistication. You are friendly and people enjoy talking with you.
You will have the opportunity to make an impact in a fast-scaling sector, with the potential to affect hundreds of millions of people around the world. You will be a key asset in making web3 accessible to the people.
- Execute the go-to-market strategy for attracting new industry-leading partners
- Prospect and rank the best potential partners across the web3 gaming sector
- Perform lead generation and outreach to target partners across various platforms
- Develop an understanding of potential partners’ needs and pitch Sequence offerings to solve those needs using tailored messaging
- Track discussions with partners through all stages of the business development life-cycle and keep the relevant internal teams up to date with progress and timelines
- Close partnership deals which are mutually beneficial for both parties
Manage key partnerships
- Manage and strengthen relationships with existing gaming partners
- Lead partners through the integration onboarding process, ensuring a smooth and easy experience for all parties
- Own client relationships from onboarding until adoption and use of the Sequence developer platform
- Establish relationships with leadership teams and founders and attempt to work with them to drive adoption of the Sequence wallet and developer platform
- Develop processes to manage ongoing partnerships, to keep them informed of our product roadmap, releases and news
- Develop processes to understand partners’ ongoing requirements, and effectively communicate their needs to the relevant team members internally
- Research emerging trends and recommend new Sequence offerings to satisfy partners’ needs
Become an expert
- Develop a strong knowledge base in the Ethereum and blockchain ecosystem
- Understand how our products, Sequence Wallet and developer platform, can unleash significant value for partners
- Keep up with trends and developments in the blockchain and web3 gaming sector
- Participate in blockchain/crypto/gaming conventions with relevant opportunities to build relationships and develop future opportunities
Be an awesome teammate
- Embody and promote our company values
- Build solid relationships with colleagues from marketing, product, development and legal teams
- Ability to multitask, managing priorities and concurrent projects, meeting deadlines in a busy and ever-changing environment
- Team player, positive attitude, strong verbal, and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on your own initiative and make effective decisions under pressure
- At least 5 years of proven B2B business development and/or partnership management experience in Asia
- Experience with web3 gaming in Asia, either in Japan and/or Korea
- A solid network of contacts in Asia that you can pull from
- Fluent in English (written and spoken), and one of Japanese or Korean
- You understand and empathize how gaming and developer studios work
- Experience working in a fast-paced, start-up environment, and comfortable working with ambiguity
- Passionate about blockchain, web3 and gaming is a must
- Strong communication, experience in creating pitch presentations, and materials, strong presentation skills
- Experience with Google Suite and MS Office Suite
- Highly organized: you can multitask without dropping the ball and you always meet deadlines
- You are resourceful and LOVE to take initiative
- “Hands on”, “can do” attitude is a prerequisite
- A chance to deliver massive impact at a small and quickly growing company
- Work on hard, big, meaningful problems that can shift markets
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Accelerate your career by joining at the early stages
- Be part of defining web3, the next generation of the Internet, and creating symbiotic economies where both users and creators share in the value generated by networks
- Work with an outstanding team made of wonderful people who have built and sold successful companies, launched amazing products, and have rich experience in infrastructure, architecture, blockchain, games, finance, investing, strategy, consulting, design, marketing, community, and more.
- Work-life balance unlike the “crunch” culture you find at larger studios
- New PC, and generous allowance for work-from-home setup for full time employees
- Extensive health benefits for Canadian employees
- We’re conscious about mental health and have modern vacation policies
- We invest in everyone’s personal development
- Learn more about our values and the traits we embody at https://careers.horizon.io/
We are committed to diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds, genders and faiths.
While we're building incredible products, we also want to add to our wonderful team and company. The best way to do that is to attract talented folks from all areas and to have their experiences inform their work.