Director, Strategic Sales
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
The Director, Ad Sales will lead a team that manages a category pillar with relationships across those partners, including 2 of Instacart’s largest CPG advertisers. You will be a voice of CPGs/advertisers within the organization and partner with cross functional teams to deliver on team targets. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, can work in a fast-paced growing company, and has experience in ad sales building and coaching teams to succeed.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Understand client goals and ambitions for winning in a rapidly growing e-commerce space
- Deliver on team sales goals
- Develop sales collateral, case studies, and custom ‘stories’ to translate benefits of Instacart’s platform to CPG advertisers
- Develop and maintain relationships with advertisers
- Create data-backed proposals for up to multi-million dollar contracts for digital advertising
- Extend relationships into new parts of Fortune 100 CPG partners
- Be a champion for Instacart inside these CPGs in a competitive market
- Lead annual planning and budgeting process with Fortune 100 accounts
- Negotiate and manage master services agreements
- Partner with account management, analytics, product and engineering teams to shape the future of our Ads products and prioritize new features and capabilities to meet client demand and drive accelerated growth
- 10 - 15+ years of relevant industry experience
- 4+ years experience coaching and leading teams
- Search auction understanding and experience
- Comfortable selling new/novel/untested customer engagement tools
- Commercial/financial and data based thinker
- Client relationship builder with executive presence
- Understanding of CPG industry and budgets
- Empathy and understanding for product development and engineering in a fast moving/high growth tech environment
- Comfort with leading relevant sales processes e.g. managing pipeline, sales forecasting, etc.
- Experience leading / motivating teams to drive outcomes / quota attainment
- Ability to stay calm in dynamic, rapidly-changing environments
Instacart provides highly market-competitive compensation and benefits in each location where our employees work. This role is remote and the base pay range for a successful candidate is dependent on their permanent work location. Please review our Flex First remote work policy here.
Offers may vary based on many factors, such as candidate experience and skills required for the role. This role also includes a Sales Incentive Plan. Additionally, this role is eligible for a new hire equity grant as well as annual refresh grants. Please read more about our benefits offerings here.
For US based candidates, the base pay ranges for a successful candidate are listed below.
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.