Market Intelligence Lead
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
You will be joining the Data Science & Analytics team and will tackle some of the most challenging and impactful problems that are transforming how people buy groceries every day. You will be embedded within our data-driven team as a trusted partner to leadership for understanding the current industry and competitive trends. Using internal and external data, you will partner with cross-functional teams to drive business decisions and prioritization across the company’s products and business lines. We’re looking for a self-driven, strategic thinker who can hit the ground running to ultimately influence decision-making across the entire organization. You will work to build out this critical function & capability for Instacart from inception.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Complement our internal data with the externally available data (government data, credit card data, disclosures, etc) to help increase our understanding of current trends in the market dynamics, and help predict future trends
- Conduct quantitative research to understand the sector and competitive trends and derive insights that could impact our business
- Interface regularly with top-level management across the organization to help drive business decisions and product prioritization based on market data
- Regularly maintain an internal database for tracking industry research & statistics
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics, or a related field (or equivalent practical experience)
- 6+ years of relevant experience in equity research, investment banking, management consulting, or corporate finance. Ideally focused on retail, CPG, and food industries
- Prior work experience with financial analysis, corporate finance, and financial valuation methods
- Excellent analytical and executive communication skills
- Self-starter who is comfortable dealing with ambiguity and has the desire to attack large, complex problems
Instacart provides highly market-competitive compensation and benefits in each location where our employees work. This role is remote and the base pay range for a successful candidate is dependent on their permanent work location. Please review our Flex First remote work policy here.
Offers may vary based on many factors, such as candidate experience and skills required for the role. Additionally, this role is eligible for a new hire equity grant as well as annual refresh grants. Please read more about our benefits offerings here.
For US based candidates, the base pay ranges for a successful candidate are listed below.
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.