Trust & Safety Analyst, Law Enforcement Response (Contract)
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
The Law Enforcement Response (LER) Analyst will sit on Instacart’s Safety & Claims team and report to the Information Security Ops Lead. You will collaborate cross-functionally with Legal and other stakeholders in this role. You must be able to operate with a high degree of confidentiality.
Instacart's Trust & Safety team takes data-driven, customer-first approaches to ensure we are compliant with all local, state, and federal regulations regarding grocery fulfillment. The Safety & Claims team is responsible for executing on processes critical to ensuring the Instacart platform remains secure and safe for all users.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Field time-sensitive inquiries from law enforcement regarding Instacart’s policies around disclosing user data
- Communicate Instacart’s user information disclosure policies to internal and external parties with empathy, professionalism, and diplomacy
- Conduct investigations to identify users and pull records
- Draft responses to valid subpoenas, warrants, and court orders with precision and attention to detail
- Review and provide feedback on your team members’ responses
- Independently handle case management tasks, ensuring that the request queue is organized and up-to-date
- Support team with program management tasks such as QA, process improvements, and metrics reporting
NOTE: This is a 6-month contracted position at Instacart with expectations to work 40 hours/week. This is a non-exempt position, paid hourly, and eligible for additional hours as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree or job related equivalent experience in lieu of degree
- 2+ years of experience in legal operations, privacy operations, or a similar field
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to communicate about complex, nuanced policy and legal issues to internal and external stakeholders in sensitive and potentially high-visibility situations
- Ability to navigate emergency situations in a calm, meticulous, detail-oriented manner
- Comfortable using Google Drive to collaborate with colleagues
- Comfortable with basic data analysis using Excel or Google Sheets
- Familiarity with legal language and US/CAN criminal justice system
- Interest in issues related to law, public safety, and privacy
- Familiarity with applicable privacy laws and regulations
- Experience using investigative tools to conduct searches and identify records based on minimal information
- Basic understanding of SQL
- Comfortable using Adobe Acrobat or similar PDF editing software
Compensation: $34 - $38 / hour