Retail Ops Excellence Implementation Manager
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
About the Role
The Implementation Manager will spearhead on-the-ground launch activities at new Caper Store Launch Sites. This role involves overseeing the initial launch success and facilitating a seamless handoff to regional contractors providing extended on-the-ground support for new store locations. The preferred location for this remote position is East Coast/Midwest, and the role entails approximately 75% travel to various locations
About the Team
Caper builds smart shopping carts powered by deep learning and computer vision to enable a seamless grab-and-go retail experience. Caper’s unique technology is a plug-and-play solution that does not require retail store renovation, operational overhaul, heavy computing, and endless image labeling & training. Retailers simply purchase smart shopping carts and the entire store is upgraded with cashierless capabilities!
Caper is one of the fastest-growing retail automation technology products in the market, costs less than 1% of our competition’s infrastructure and is already widely adopted in the marketplace. Our cross-functional team solves challenging problems in ways that our customers love.
About the Job
- Build and execute the playbook for launching new in-store technology to retail locations
- Be the end-to-end owner of implementation for new sites: Ensure site will meet business requirements; interface with central teams, retail partners, and vendors to ensure launch activities are on-track; hire and train the local team, and work hand-in-hand with them to launch the site and hand off before you move on to your next deployment
- Collaborate with an array of cross-functional teams and serve as a strategic thought partner as we build, scale, and optimize critical new in-store technology
- As our company values say, “roll up your sleeves”: You will build shelving, hang signage, troubleshoot devices,complete test orders, and much more as we bring new business lines to life together
- Expect up to 75% travel, as you will be Instacart’s eyes, ears, and boots on the ground for new deployments
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience launching and/or operating retail stores, fulfillment centers, warehouses, or similar (grocery, ecommerce, retail, or similar related experience preferred)
- Strong project management skills and ability to independently drive zero-defect execution
- Ability and willingness to creatively solve operational problems
- Experience with logistics process and technology preferred
- Familiarity with implementing and optimizing omni-channel retail strategies and technologies in physical store locations
Instacart provides highly market-competitive compensation and benefits in each location where our employees work. This role is remote and the base pay range for a successful candidate is dependent on their permanent work location. Please review our Flex First remote work policy here.
Offers may vary based on many factors, such as candidate experience and skills required for the role. Additionally, this role is eligible for a new hire equity grant as well as annual refresh grants. Please read more about our benefits offerings here.
For US based candidates, the base pay ranges for a successful candidate are listed below.