Product Designer II
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
About the Job
We are in search of a mid-level Product Designer to join the Merchandising and Marketing design pod. You will design and support Instacart’s self-serve tools which enables CPGs, Retailers, Marketers, and internal Instacart employees to promote, merchandise, and manage their business. We are looking for creative problem solvers who thrive and seek to untangle complex problems and systems to deliver simple, polished, and delightful products for retailers, marketers, and advertisers. You will use your full range of skills including strategic design, interaction design, and visual design to solve complex problems and craft beautifully designed experiences. You will partner with research, product management, engineering, data science, and content strategy to identify and execute on opportunities, create and test concepts, and deliver end-to-end solutions that are functional, usable, and loved.
- You have 1-3 years of industry experience in digital product design and/or service design
- Fluency in the latest product design trends, tools and technology across platforms
- Experience designing for desktop and responsive layouts
- Love fast-paced environments and are curious, willing to go above and beyond the job description
- You are a generalist who can drive the design process end to end, with solid taste and judgment across both visual and interaction design
- Detail-oriented while being able to see the big picture
- Pro-active and collaborative spirit among other designers and disciplines (engineers, product managers, research, etc), exuding a can-do attitude and enthusiasm
- You are self-aware and humble
- Embraces constructive feedback as part of the iterative design process and can clearly articulate your design decisions
- Enjoy balancing creative and analytical roles, upholding design values and customer experience quality while delivering value to the business
- Strong portfolio showcasing your problem solving skills, a high level of craft and quality exemplifying a high caliber of design; you MUST provide a link to your portfolio (and password if applicable) to be considered for this role
- Mobile experience and designing for native iOS and Android experience a plus
Design at Instacart
Founded in 2012, Instacart is the leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Our same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. We have partnered with more than 300 beloved national, regional and local retailers to deliver from more than 20,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck — everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to make grocery shopping effortless for everyone. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
Instacart provides highly market-competitive compensation and benefits in each location where our employees work. This role is remote and the base pay range for a successful candidate is dependent on their permanent work location. Please review our Flex First remote work policy here.
Offers may vary based on many factors, such as candidate experience and skills required for the role. Additionally, this role is eligible for a new hire equity grant as well as annual refresh grants. Please read more about our benefits offerings here.
For US based candidates, the base pay ranges for a successful candidate are listed below.