AV Engineer (Contract)
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
About the Role - We are currently seeking an Audio Visual Engineer for our Instacart offices! This position is a hybrid role with an as needed schedule for days in the San Francisco office and remote. This role will be responsible for providing stellar AV Support by maintaining and operating our conference room technologies for company-wide meetings and webinars! This role will help manage coverage for events and support for our East Coast and West Coast offices and will require flexible availability, as early as 6am in some instances. This is an amazing opportunity to work with the latest technology, grow, and have a big impact on the success of the product and the company.
About the Team - The IT Operations and Services team consists of IT Support, IT AV, and IT Executive Support. Together we ensure that the Support experience across Instacart is at the highest level. From the work the Support team does to provide a great user experience through user facing support.
About the Job
- On-site as needed in the San Francisco Instacart office for both events as well as proactive conference room maintenance
- Manage incoming requests for event support (both on and off-site), AV consultation, and event conference maintenance within our ticketing system while maintaining a high level of customer service within our SLAs
- Coordinates and produces onsite, virtual, and hybrid meetings to include research and selection of appropriate streaming platforms, and technology implementation
- Support and coordinate the logistics of on-site, hybrid, and remote corporate live events
- Work with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure meetings are successful and follow the run of show, while maintaining high client satisfaction
- Assist executive staff with setting up required technology, confirm presentations display correctly, audio is functioning if necessary, and otherwise running technology for meetings as needed
- Design and coordinate the deployment, installation, and expansion of Instacart’s audio video and presentation spaces
- Work with both internal and external stakeholders to design, setup, tune, configure, and test all audio-visual deployments
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and successfully manage multiple projects 2 years of relevant experience in corporate live events and customer service
- Proven experience planning large-scale events with a demonstrated ability to plan effectively, and the flexibility to handle the unexpected
- A self-starter with meticulous attention to detail and follow-through
- Strong team-building and people skills with the ability to develop professional relationships with staff and external partners through ongoing communications
- Expertise in virtual meeting tools such as Zoom and Google Meet; familiarity with event registration software (Bizzabo experience a plus), web-based platforms, and audio-visual equipment.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in corporate live events
- 2+ years experience with live stream broadcasting software such as VMix, OBS, or Zoom Events
- 2+ years experience with broadcasting equipment such as video mixers, audio mixers, camera controls, and Crestron devices
- Experience with Zoom and Google Meet device management
- CTS preferred
Instacart provides highly market-competitive compensation and benefits in each location where our employees work. This role is remote and the base pay range for a successful candidate is dependent on their permanent work location. Please review our Flex First remote work policy here.
Offers may vary based on many factors, such as candidate experience and skills required for the role. Please read more about our benefits offerings here.
For US based candidates, the base pay ranges for a successful candidate are listed below.