Business Development Representative
Lob was built by technical co-founders with a vision to make the world programmable.
We offer two flagship APIs (print & mail and address verification) that enable companies to send postal mail as effortlessly as sending emails. Lob is venture-backed by some of the most reputable investors in tech, and we are building our team to shape the future of our company and meet the demands of a quickly growing customer base and dynamic product offerings.
As a proud Pledge 1% company, we’re committed to leveraging our product, partnerships, and people to drive positive social impact through Lob.org, and are on a mission to make direct mail more sustainable.
Business Development Representative
The Business Development Representative (BDR) is tasked with identifying and generating sales opportunities. The right candidate is a person who works well under pressure, thinks outside-of-the-box, easily initiates relaxed but informative two-way phone conversations with prospects, and is highly self-motivated. The right candidate will also understand how to assess a company’s needs and personalize the outreach to each prospect specifically.
The BDR will become a trusted resource and develop relationships with prospects, acting as the initial point of contact. This role will be primarily focused around researching the Target Accounts in your territory and performing outreach through emails, calls, and social media. You will have the opportunity to be closely mentored and professionally developed by sales leadership and the Account Executives you support.
As the Business Development Representative, you’ll…
- Promote and market Lob’s solutions through extensive and persistent cold calling, emails, and communication(s) to prospective clients
- Schedule Initial Prospecting Meetings for your assigned Account Executives
- Provide in-depth information to the Sales team to enable productive demos
- Research and evaluate additional leads/prospects through web research
- Meet or exceed assigned outbound prospecting quotas daily/weekly/monthly
- Work together with your Account Executives to grow their specific sales territories
- Work with your Account Executives to support the acquisition of new accounts
- Help as needed to build awareness on special projects / events
- Maintain all contacts/opportunities and record all progress in Salesforce
What will you bring to this role…
- An unparalleled work ethic
- 0-3 year of progressively responsible marketing, inside sales, or business development related sales experience
- Proven track record demonstrating strong articulation of product selling points via phone, email, video
- You are a self-starter and enjoy finding creative ways to elicit engagement
- Ability to assist in coordinating sales functions including prospecting and research
- Positive attitude and demonstrated ability to deal with rejection
- Strong oral and written communication skills along with active listening skills
- Ability to develop rapport, influence others, and maintain strong working relationships
- You strive to be best in class and have a competitive mindset
- Demonstrated ability to explain complex issues clearly to a business audience
- Must be self-motivated, persistent, and able to work autonomously
At Lob, we are looking to #LevelUp and #EmpowerDiversity, we invite you to apply if you possess even some of these:
- Martech knowledge is a plus
- Direct mail background is a plus
This position is non-exempt and is eligible for overtime. This position is not eligible for Lob's flexible PTO policy.
Hourly Base: $20.43/hr - $22.83 + Variable: $30,000.00 - $32,500.00
OTE: $72,500.00 - $80,000.00
Hourly Base: $19.23/hr - $21.63/hr + Variable: $27,500.00 - $30,000.00
OTE: $67,500.00 - $75,000.00
“Lob’s salary ranges are based on market data, relative to our size, industry and stage of growth. Salary is one part of total compensation, which also includes equity, perks and competitive benefits. Salary decisions are based on many factors including geographic location, qualifications for the role, skillset, proficiency and experience level. Lob reasonably expects to pay candidates who are offered roles within the provided salary ranges.”
We offer remote working opportunities in AZ, CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IA, IL, MA, MD, MI, MN, NE, NC, NH, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, TX, UT, and WA, unless specified otherwise in the job description above.
If you are looking for a progressive, fun-spirited, and mentally stimulating environment, come join us at Lob!
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lob is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of backgrounds and perspectives to cultivate an environment of understanding to have greater impact on our business and customers. We encourage under-represented groups to apply and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
BuiltIn Best Midsize Companies to Work For 2022
#86 on Y Combinator's Top Private Companies List 2021
BuiltIn Best Midsize Companies to Work For 2021
2020 Inc 5000 List of the Fastest-Growing Private Companies
2019 Timmy Awards - Best Tech Workplace for Diversity, Community Favorite in the Bay Area
Deloitte’s 2019 Technology Fast 500