Long-Term Stock Exchange
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Tuesday, July 4, 2023
LTSE supports companies in all stages of growth committed to long-term value creation, and the investors who share their values. We offer software and services for company-building and pursuing a path to the public markets, a U.S. National Securities Exchange for new and existing public companies, and a coalition for the exchange of ideas between companies and like-minded investors.
We believe in the power of a public market that supports continuous success for all stakeholders, including employees, investors, and their communities. We’re helping innovation and value creation flourish for now and far into the future through long-term investment, experimentation, and sustainable scaling.
Lead LTSE investors include The Space Between, Founders Fund, Collaborative Fund, Andreessen Horowitz, Obvious Ventures, Uprising, and Initialized. LTSE was founded by Eric Ries, an entrepreneur, New York Times-bestselling author, and the creator of the Lean Startup methodology.
The Financial Controller is responsible for the systems, processes, and controls of the finance and accounting functions across the Long-Term Stock Exchange.
You will work closely with the Head of Finance and will be primarily responsible for providing accurate and timely company records by managing and executing on accounting operational tasks. Duties include owning the financial close process, producing financial statements and reports to guide strategic decision-making, and owning the financial aspects of the Exchange’s Enterprise Risk Management framework. You will also be largely responsible for preparing and participating in annual audits and detecting and mitigating financial risks.
- Maintain accurate financial reporting for management and strategic decision-making.
- Manage day-to-day finance and accounting responsibilities, including accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Own critical financial workstreams such as annual audit, Enterprise Risk Management, and Treasury management.
- Utilize sophisticated financial modeling for long-term financial strategy, forecasting, scenario-planning, and ad hoc analysis.
- Deliver clear, concise analyses and recommendations to stakeholders, including boards and finance committees.
- Ensure accurate and timely execution of all financial functions, such as bookkeeping, payroll and compliance.
- Take responsibility for audit committee meetings, annual audits, and external reporting and work with the Head of Risk and Compliance to identify and mitigate financial risks.
- Minimum of 6-8 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor's degree.
- Active CPA license.
- Experience with GAAP and non-GAAP accounting, preferably in a financial exchange context.
- Prior experience in a Senior Controller / Treasurer role (required) at a public company (preferred).
- Leadership experience at a Big Four firm (preferably in an audit function), and/or in a fast paced VC backed environment, and/or in a highly relevant industry (e.g., a stock exchange or trading house) - preferably two of three.
- Experience (or demonstrated comfort) in building and owning components of a finance function at an early-stage company, which necessitates an ability to stretch down as well as up.
- Proven ability to take ownership of critical tasks and functions in a highly proactive, structured manner.
- Identifies issues independently and naturally works to design and implement solutions.
- Strategic hands-on leadership/communication skills - comfortable liaising directly with C-level management, Boards and Audit/Risk Committees.
- Impeccable integrity, service-minded, and capable of working with diverse teams and investors.
- Drive Innovation. Make an impact working with a mission-driven company that shares your desire to create a new kind of public market.
- Meet Great People. Work with skilled, committed, and supportive teammates, that have a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Achieve Balance. Enjoy the LTSE commitment to a sustainable remote-first work environment, including an unlimited vacation policy that requires team members to take a minimum of three weeks vacation per year.
- Prioritize Health. Take charge of your health with rich medical, dental, vision, and EAP benefits. 100% of employee costs are sponsored by LTSE and there is a small, fixed employee contributions for dependent costs.
- Focus on Family: All new parents receive up to 4 months of caregiver leave including 8 weeks of full salary continuation, all while keeping your full company-sponsored benefits for up to the full 4 months.
- Foster Growth. Receive up to $1500 annually towards continuing education and development.
- Invest in Savings. Enroll in our 401k program offered through Human Interest, and other benefit programs offered through Gusto.
- Give Back Donate to organizations of your choice and LTSE will match up to $600 per year.
- Get Started. Launch quickly with your company provided laptop, cell phone reimbursement, and $500 home-office stipend.
- Earn Equitably. Be part of a company that believes in pay equity and transparency. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base annual salary between $180,000-$220,000 (commensurate with leveling and job benchmarking), as well as competitive start-up company stock options.
LTSE is committed to championing the inclusion of women and underrepresented employees at the earliest stages of the company’s life. We believe that inclusion is a team effort, and every team member is expected to participate in building a welcoming and representative culture.
LTSE is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We enthusiastically work to make our application and interview processes accessible for candidates with disabilities.