Instructional Content Specialist
Location: Mode is a remote-first company with cross-functional teams based throughout the US and India.
Data-driven companies win. We've built Mode from the ground up to be the best analytics platform for Analysts and Data Scientists. As we've grown, an increasingly broad audience—people on teams from Finance to Operations, Marketing to Engineering, and everything in between—has begun to use Mode to collaborate with analysts and use data in everyday decisions. For our 600+ customers, Mode is the central place where data experts and domain experts can come together to make sense of data at the rapid pace of business today.
We are seeking an Instructional Content Specialist to join our Customer Education and Enablement team to help us educate and enable Mode customers to become better analysts and get the most out of Mode’s platform. This individual will be responsible for ensuring a consistent, proactive approach to delivering instructional content and resources to educate Mode users on the capabilities of the platform as we establish our educational programs to be best-in-class.
As an Instructional Content Specialist, you will learn about the data analytics industry, interview subject matter experts, design new curriculum and continuously improve existing instructional assets based on feedback and product enhancements. The ideal educational content is anchored in industry relevance and context, is well-paced and foundational concepts are integrated into interesting and entertaining learning experiences. Content and resources should be inclusive to varying levels of weekly time commitment, different professional personas and varied use cases.
What you’ll do:
- Create and update customer education content (videos, courses, learning paths) that is relevant to the needs of our customers through cross-functional collaboration
- Maintain a repeatable, scalable process that ensures content remains current as the product evolves while also developing new and relevant content for various customer personas (i.e., Analyst, Code-Free Users)
- Work with Support and Customer Success Managers to identify and uncover repetitive customer questions by leveraging feedback to create, manage, and iterate on new or existing instructional content
- Coordinate with other GTM teams on new content that supports campaigns, launches, and product releases - ensuring that we have a unified approach to pushing content to Mode’s help site, University, and resources pages
- Assist in building a cohesive library of enablement content, including Mode University courses, help documentation, walk-through tutorials, and videos to help our customers accomplish their goals and realize the value of Mode
- Create and improve current training materials, including but not limited to curriculum for live training sessions, virtual office hours and webinars
- Proactively seek customer feedback to improve the user learning experience and develop new content offerings in Mode University
- Become a Mode product expert
What we look for:
- Experience in creating and developing customer education content for platforms with very large numbers of users (especially SaaS platforms)
- Strong desire to build a best-in-class Customer Education function with a strong customer-first viewpoint
- Experience with - or strong desire to learn - the modern analytics space, from tooling in the modern data stack to approaches to building and scaling best in class data teams
- Ability to develop deep expertise and product knowledge of Mode’s platform
- Experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS), with curriculum creation and development
- Ability to map “jobs to be done” by different stakeholders to specific education paths to help them successfully do those jobs in Mode
- Analytical approach to problem solving and assessing the success of customer education course content
- Exceptional project management skills, with the ability to collaborate cross-functionally and ensure delivery of projects on time
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions. In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules — we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. For California residents please review our CCPA Privacy Notice linked here.
The compensation range for this role is $75,000-$110,000 to be determined by level. #BI-Remote
Something looks off?