Staff Software Engineer - Infrastructure
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
British Columbia, Canada
Posted on Saturday, February 11, 2023
Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the Team
The Cloud Infrastructure team takes care of cloud infrastructure and site-reliability functions at Opendoor. We are responsible for building out the shared services capabilities, frameworks, tools, processes to enable internal teams to run their infrastructure reliably and efficiently.
We're seeking a Staff Infrastructure Engineer to join us in our mission to scale our Cloud platform for the next generation of growth at Opendoor.
- Design, build, and operate the core platform infrastructure (e.g. cloud resources, improving our IaC tooling, improving container orchestration)
- Lead and execute complex cloud programs like: migration to EKS, moving to cost efficient resources which may include breaking down the high level objectives into actionable milestones with measurable outcomes, creating design documents and hands on execution.
- Diagnose and fix problems stemming from complex interactions of a wide range of components in a modern service platform.
- Guide the broader team in making intelligent and pragmatic technical trade-offs.
- Act in key support roles during major incidents. Participate in the post-incident review process.
- Design and implement processes to maintain and improve organization-wide reliability which may include proposing tactics to improve our observability platform.
- Coding skills in one or more languages - we mostly write Go, Python, and Ruby at Opendoor, but experience with others is also valuable.
- 5+ years of DevOps and SRE experience.
- Practical experience administering and provisioning Kubernetes pipelines.
- Experience with cluster reliability and EKS adoption.
- Experience with creating and managing AWS resources with Terraform.
- Familiarity with monitoring and optimizing Observability systems like Sentry or Datadog.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, lead with a growth mindset and be a team player
Remote roles in Canada are only available in British Columbia and Ontario.
More About Us
To learn how we are reinventing the Real Estate industry check out our website, to hear about our culture directly from team members visit The Muse and to discover what we are building for our customers read our blog posts.
Opendoor Values Openness
See more open positions at Opendoor
Something looks off?