Head of Analytics Engineering
India Gate, New Delhi, Delhi, India
Posted on Thursday, May 25, 2023
Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the Team
Analytics Platform is on a mission to democratize learning by building systems that enable company-wide analytics and experimentation. By implementing sufficient instrumentation, designing intuitive data models, and building batch/streaming pipelines, we will allow for deep and scalable investigation and optimization of the business. By developing self-serve tools, we will empower executives, PMs, Ops to understand company performance at a glance and uncover insights to support decision making. Finally, by building capabilities such as forecasting, alerting, and experimentation, we will enable more, better, and faster decisions.
- Manage a team of 10 senior+ analytics engineers to drive direct business impact with executive-level visibility. You will have the autonomy to help shape the vision, influence roadmap and establish best practices for the team.
- Collaborate with other engineering teams and business customers to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements for the team.
- Partner with data analysts and data scientists to design our data models as inputs to metrics and machine learning models
- Design, develop and monitor scalable and cost-efficient data pipelines and models. Build out new integrations with third-party modern data tech stack!
- Assess build vs buy tradeoffs for components in our company-wide analytics platform, which will inform decision-making for executives, PMs and Ops, etc.
- Build and maintain relationships with external vendors and partners to leverage their expertise in data management and analytics.
- 4+ years of management experience running a team of senior engineers
- 8+ years of experience working with event instrumentation, data pipelines, and data warehouses, preferably acting as a data architect in a previous role
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills and ability to think strategically
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field
- Strong SQL skills, proficiency with systems design and data modeling, fluency with workflow management tools like Airflow or dbt, experience with modern data warehouses like Snowflake or BigQuery
- Expertise breaking down complex problems, documenting solutions, and sequencing work to make iterative improvements
- Familiarity with data visualization tools such as Mode, Tableau, and Looker, familiarity with programming skills, preferably in Python, familiarity with software design principles, including test-driven development
- Strong commitment to date integrity and security
Remote roles in India are available in all territories.
More About Us
To learn how we are reinventing the Real Estate industry check out our website, to hear about our culture directly from team members visit The Muse and to discover what we are building for our customers read our blog posts.
See more open positions at Opendoor
Something looks off?