Sr Engineering Manager [LOC: HYD/BNG/CHN]
Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
At Opendoor, we are revolutionizing the real estate industry by offering new, innovative solutions for home buying and selling. Our mission is to enable our customers to move seamlessly and effortlessly. Documents are the core of real estate transactions, and our Document Management team is at the forefront of ensuring every detail is meticulously captured, stored, and made available to all relevant stakeholders.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Staff Software Engineer ICM to join our Document Management Team. As an Individual Contributor Manager (ICM), you will have the unique opportunity to be both an individual contributor and a manager for the Document Management Team. This hybrid role combines technical execution with people management, offering a path for talented engineers who seek diversified responsibilities and wish to gain management experience while continuing to contribute technically.
Roles and Responsibilities:
As a the ICM on the team you will:
- Spend at least 50% of your time on individual contributor responsibilities, including the design, development, and implementation of document management systems.
- Lead team-wide projects through both technical output and people management.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand documentation requirements for various transaction types and geographies.
- Develop flexible and scalable solutions, ensuring compliance with state laws governing document requirements in real estate transactions.
- Implement security protocols to safeguard sensitive documents.
- Optimize and streamline document processing workflows to improve the efficiency of internal operations.
- Contribute to the team’s technical execution, impact, and quality, delivering appropriately-complex work for your level.
- Spend up to 50% of your time on people management responsibilities, focusing on team execution.
- Provide support to your team members, ensuring high-touch performance management for your direct reports.
- Receive support and mentorship from your manager to excel in the people management aspect of your role.
We're looking for teammates who have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- 10+ years of track record in building and delivering production quality software systems.
- Excellent coding skills, strong debugging skills, and knowledge of computer architectures, operating systems, and algorithms.
- Depth and breadth in multiple technologies ranging from frontend user interfaces to backend services to databases.
- Excellent communication skills, high attention to detail and a proven track record of using metrics to drive decisions.
- A sense of ownership and a passion for delighting customers through innovation and creative solutions to sophisticated problems.
- Desire and enthusiasm for taking on a hybrid role, combining technical execution with people management.
- This role is built on top of and parallel to the IC Career Ladder, and performance will be evaluated based on technical execution and people management attributes.
- You will receive support and mentorship from senior management, fostering growth in your people management skills.
Remote roles in India are available in all territories