Software Engineer - Full Stack (React) - 2-5 Years
About the team
Outside of the consumer web/app experience, Opendoor hosts hundreds of web pages owned by different teams across the company. These web pages come in different flavors such as landing pages, blog posts, articles, investor relations pages, etc. We currently manage these pages using content management platforms such as Contentful and Wordpress.
We are looking for founding engineers for a new team that will be responsible for owning and driving the content management platform at Opendoor. The team will be primarily responsible for maintaining our content management platform as well as building web interfaces that will allow internal stakeholders (e.g. Design, Marketing, Communications) to effectively use these platforms to create and distribute content at scale.
- Define and design systems that allow internal stakeholders to easily create, publish and manage content.
- Build and support tools and automated processes that will provide intuitive and resilient solution that can accelerate teams
- Own existing content platforms like Wordpress and Contentful and drive strategy around improving, maintaining and centralizing these platforms.
- Partner with engineering, design and other teams to understand their pain points around content management, pilot proposed solutions, and encourage adoption of the platform.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- 5+ years of experience (8+ years experience for Senior Software Engineer) delivering production quality software systems.
- Experience developing backend systems using languages such as golang or python
- Experience working on content platforms such as Contentful or Wordpress is a bonus but not mandatory
- Excellent oral and written communication
More About Us
To learn how we are reinventing the Real Estate industry check out our website, to hear about our culture directly from team members visit The Muse and to discover what we are building for our customers read our blog posts.