Direct Spend Sourcing Analyst
Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the Team
The Procurement team at Opendoor plays a pivotal role by collaborating across functions to bolster the organization's operations and strategic objectives. Procurement works through sourcing partners, supplier management, cost, and risk management, driving continuous improvement within the company. As a Direct Spend Sourcing Analyst, you will work to reduce our direct spend costs by working closely with the Direct Spend Category Lead in tracking savings and spend with external suppliers and Trade Partners across categories.
- Track spend and rebates with national suppliers and external Trade Partners.
- Work across multiple teams internally to implement supplier scorecards.
- Help to source national partnerships for cost savings.
- Improve rebate tracking procedures within Accounting function.
- Establish criteria for partner programs, with changing spend and requirements annually.
- Develop reporting and communications for suppliers to help improve adherence to programs and reduction in costs for Opendoor.
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- A minimum of +3 years of professional experience in a Procurement function
- Proven ability with core vendor lifecycle management skills e.g., sourcing & negotiation (direct negotiation and competitive bid), supplier management and performance, supply market analysis, category management
- Adaptable and willing to work in a changing environment where continual process improvement is expected
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively both verbal and in writing with all levels across all business functions
Bonus points if
- Previous experience in a direct spend and/or spend analysis function preferred
More About Us
To learn how we are reinventing the Real Estate industry check out our website, to hear about our culture directly from team members visit The Muse and to discover what we are building for our customers read our blog posts.