Compensation Business Partner
About the Team
Open Exchange is looking for an experienced Compensation Analyst to support this growing startup-within-a-startup across all aspects of compensation / recognition.
Reporting to the Head of Total Rewards and partnering extensively with the people and TA leads for the business, you will be an integral part of a small team helping to establish and achieve Open Exchange’s overarching compensation philosophy. You will bring a blend of technical data skills and compensation expertise to support budget strategy/planning, market analytics and global benchmarking, including analyzing data elements such as base pay, incentives, stock and general market/industry trends.
The right candidate is very comfortable with data and thrives in a fast-paced, high growth culture that values strategic communication, teamwork and results. They will be self-motivated and detail oriented with a strong orientation to data analytics, project management, and cross-functional collaboration.
- Use analytical skills combined with your strong communication skills to present compensation insights to stakeholders in all parts of our business
- Leverage your experience working in a private company to manage/optimize key compensation data sets (current, historical, trending) and report offerings in support of a streamlined experience for Total Rewards/People Team needs
- Design and build robust yet flexible compensation modeling tools and ad hoc dashboards in support of budget strategy, market analytics and competitive compensation positioning.
- Curate business process documentation and quality assurance plans to enhance quality/reliability of modeling/report offerings over time.
- Partner with department leaders, HR Business Partners and recruiters on compensation related matters such as offers, promotions, and internal transfers
- Conduct job analysis to determine job level, FLSA classification and salary range
- Benchmark jobs against compensation surveys and other market intelligence to determine competitive compensation ranges for each position
- Maintain and enhance our compensation and job structures
- Work cross functionally to provide compensation analyses and other deliverables to our partners on the Finance and Legal teams
- Partner with People Operations team to audit, update and maintain compensation-related data in Workday
- Stay up-to-date with applicable employment-related federal and state statutory requirements regarding employee pay.
- 6+ years experience in compensation analytics and data modeling
- A bachelor's degree in economics, business, finance or STEM
- Advanced knowledge of Excel or Google Sheets (e.g. comfortable with vlookups, nested functions, pivot tables, charts/graphs, etc.); experience with managing complex data sets over time, preferably in a relationship database tool.
- Experience maintaining compensation structures and incentive plans
- Strong data analysis skills and ability to effectively present those findings to different audiences
- The ability to work with stakeholders to find the right questions as well as their answers
- A highly collaborative style, and ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- A solid understanding of compensation survey data and ability to leverage that data to drive competitive pay decisions
- Basic understanding equity compensation and can provide information to employees to help them understand this important component of pay
- The ability to adapt quickly and continue providing the highest level of customer service in a fast-paced, change-oriented environment
Bonus Points if:
- Experience in a software development company; Combination of high-growth private and public company backgrounds desired
- Working knowledge of Radford (Aon Hewitt)
- Completed/In process of completion the Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) requirements
- Has experience in two or more of the following areas: Workday, Tableau (or similar tool), Sales Compensation, Compensation Consulting
Remote roles in the US are available in all states EXCEPT Hawaii, Alaska, Montana, or any US Territories.
The base salary range for this position in Colorado, Connecticut, Washington, and New Jersey is $152,000 - $231,000yr, and in California and New York City is 152,000 - $231,000 yr. Base salary may vary depending on relevant experience, skills, geographic location, and business needs. We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, 12 paid holidays per year, medical/dental/vision insurance, basic life insurance, and 401(k) to eligible employees.