Senior People Business Partner
About the Team
A growing “startup within a startup”, the Open Exchange people team is looking for an experienced and innovative HR leader to help support our expanding organization.
Reporting to the team’s Head of People, this role is responsible for driving people strategies to meet business and talent needs while collaborating with leaders across the organization to balance outcomes with employee advocacy. They will partner regularly with HR Operations, Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards, and other key functions to oversee and adapt all people systems within the business unit.
We are looking for an experienced leader who isn’t afraid to think creatively about how to design programs, systems, and tools to provide an exceptional, and scalable, employee experience, and who is excited about scaling our successful culture.
- Be a strategic advisor and interface with managers on employees’ career development and compensation
- Build department-specific strategies to retain and grow key talent
- Lead the development of core competencies and levels frameworks
- Drive high-quality performance feedback and calibration
- Develop multi-directional and dynamic performance management and feedback systems
- Own talent review, promotional and workforce planning
- Oversee employee relations and provide guidance on a myriad of issues, including policy interpretation and disciplinary actions, high-risk performance management, and other complex and sensitive employment matters.
- Lead ad-hoc high-impact initiatives, including reorganizations and restructuring, acquisitions/talent placement advising, company policy adaptations and exceptions, and escalations of all types
- Develop strategy around purposeful employee exits and manage attrition data analysis/insights
- Assist with navigating centers of excellence (HR, Compensation, etc) as needed
- Partner with the leadership team to design, iterate, and expand employee programs
- Contribute to inclusion and equity initiatives, including training, events, etc.
- Contribute to leader coaching/development programs and initiatives
- 10+ years experience providing HR services in a multi-city organization
- Experience in a high profile, strategic HR role with heavy executive-level interface and a high degree of executive influence
- Solid business acumen/excitement about learning what is important to the business and how our programs are strategic inputs to shared end results
- Authentic leadership style with impeccable integrity, who is excited about embodying and scaling the Opendoor values and principles
- Reliable program delivery, sound judgment, and ability to execute in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborative approach to change: someone who likes building solutions with stakeholders and who can balance rich user input with fast/iterative program development
- Well-cultivated critical thinking skills that pair metrics-driven analysis with sound judgment and innovative, tech-forward thinking
- Strong analytical and project management skills— able to translate vision into action
- A track record of building trust and communicating effectively and consistently across all levels of an organization
- Ability to balance strategic, long-term thinking and day-to-day, roll-up-your-sleeves program management
- High degree of comfort with ambiguity and complexity.
OD Remote - Remote roles in the US are available in all states EXCEPT Hawaii, Alaska, Montana, or any US Territories.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several U.S. geographic markets, and we pay differently based on those defined markets. The pay range for most locations in the US is $112,000 - $192,000 annually. In the SF Bay Area of California, Seattle, and New York City Metro area the base salary range is $140,000 - $210,000. Pay within the range varies by work location and may also depend on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for the job location during the hiring process. We also offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, 12 paid holidays per year, medical/dental/vision insurance, basic life insurance, and 401(k) to eligible employees.