Intermediate Software Engineer (Full-stack/Front-end)
Orderful is an API for EDI platform connecting the world's supply chain. Any company that buys or sells products trades electronic data interchange (EDI) data in an effort to streamline communication. These companies exchange transactions like purchase orders, invoices, shipment notices and more. Orderful is turning a legacy industry on its head, making EDI data trading effortless. Our API leverages modern technology that dramatically improves infrastructure for our customers. Enterprises connect once to our API and trade EDI transactions with their supply chain partners leveraging Orderful’s growing network of thousands of companies.
We are growing rapidly and continually looking for top-notch talent to join our team. Ideal candidates have a desire to be a part of building something unique and important, with a strong curiosity to learn and grow.
Our Core Company Values:
As a team, we're guided by three core values. They impact what we are building, while helping us stay true to ourselves and accountable to each other.
● Commitment to Customers
● Learn, Iterate, Grow
● Build a Great Community
Why work with Orderful?
- Unlimited PTO
- Competitive Compensation (base + a 20% variable)
- Lifestyle Work From Home Benefit
- Health Insurance (Life, Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Choice of Equipment
- Progressive Work Environment
- Opportunity to make significant impact on the growth of a company
- Remote Work
- Team Travel
- Stock Options
About the Engineering Team
We're looking for passionate, driven, and curious people to drive change. We win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping our teammates continue to develop their strengths. Collaboration, recognition, and listening are our foundational team principles. We work hard and we're serious about changing the world of EDI, but we’re careful to make sure we have a little fun along the way.
Our customers depend on us. An error in a single EDI transaction, out of the millions we manage every month, can result in tens of thousands of dollars worth of merchandise going undelivered. At the same time, we’re growing quickly and expect our transaction volume to increase by an order of magnitude over the next year. Scalability and reliability are paramount.
As an intermediate full-stack or front-end engineer, among other things, you’ll be expected to:
- contribute to the development of major back-end and front-end initiatives in cooperation with your teammates;
- lead the technical design & implementation of product features;
- troubleshoot bugs & customer issues while developing a solid understanding of our codebase;
- approach code with an eye toward continuous improvement;
- seek out opportunities to increase your knowledge & expertise.
- API & microservice development
- Postgres or other relational databases
- Software quality best practices: testing, CI/CD, documentation, etc.
Nice to have
- NestJS, Nx, AWS
- messaging/eventing systems (e.g. RabbitMQ, Kafka etc.)
- distributed system design
- degree or certificate in Computer Science or related discipline
At Orderful, one of our core values is building a great community. We are looking for strong, diverse, and supportive team members. We welcome everyone to apply. Come join our team where we celebrate differences, play to our strengths, and encourage growth!
Our compensation differs depending on which country you reside. If you are located in Canada please reach out for information on our salary band