Plant Operations Manager
Who we are
The problem: Every minute matters in fire response. As climate change amplifies the intensity of wildfires—with longer fire seasons, dryer fuels, and faster winds—new ignitions spread faster and put more communities at risk. Today, most wildfires are detected by bystanders and reported via 911, meaning it can take hours to detect a fire, verify its exact location and size, and dispatch first responders. Fire authorities need a faster way to detect, confirm, and pinpoint fires so that they can quickly respond—preventing small flare-ups from becoming devastating infernos.
About Pano: Pano is a venture-backed early-stage climate tech startup that is the leader in wildfire early detection, leveraging the latest advancements in IoT, AI, satellites, and SaaS software to deliver actionable intelligence to customers. Pano leverages mountaintop cameras and satellites to detect the first traces of smoke and put real-time fire images in the hands of asset owners and first responders to speed up containment. Pano is already partnering with major utilities, fire authorities, and government agencies in the USA and Australia. Recent media coverage includes being named one of the Top 10 most innovative companies in AI of 2023 by FastCompany and recipient of the Innovative Mobile Service and Application Award at Mobile World Congress through our partnership with T-Mobile.
Pano brings together a diverse team bridging frontline, wildland firefighting experience with best-in-class know-how in operations, logistics, artificial intelligence, and software. Our team is composed of experienced technology professionals from companies such as Apple, Cisco, Nest, DoorDash and Meta. Headquartered in San Francisco with an office and factory in the Mission District, our hybrid team works from locations around the world. Founded in mid-2020, we’ve raised over $40M from leading VC funds.
Pano is searching for a Plant Operations Manager to develop and lead our plant operations team as they purchase and inventory materials, build products to fulfill orders, and ship finished goods to the field for customers in the United States, Australia, and Europe. You will be a true team leader, adaptable, self-motivated, and able to work in a highly active work environment. Reporting to the VP of Operations, you will be responsible for creating a scalable plant operations team and continually developing and refining the associated processes. This is an opportunity to further your hands-on experience in a successful, fast-paced startup environment, all while working on a meaningful and urgent problem.
What you’ll do
- Serve as the ongoing owner for plant operations and the team that supports these processes across North America, Australia, and Europe.
- Drive and coordinate these operations activities to ensure both the timely acquisition of material and building of product to support the deployment of our installations and the maintenance of our existing sites.
- Partner with internal organizations, including supply chain planning, commercial teams, project management, and operations, to align on key business terms and solidify plans.
- Develop and implement strategies for improving plant operations and implement management metrics and tracking mechanisms to ensure the health of the associated processes.
- Maintain a knowledge base on processes and policies of both upstream activities and our internal customers.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed (0 to 10% at times).
What you’ll bring
- Seasoned professional who is experienced in leading a manufacturing or quality team.
- Strong knowledge base in at least two of the following areas: materials management, manufacturing management, or quality management.
- 3+ years experience leading a plant functional organization.
- Proven ability to recruit, hire, train, and assess a team's performance in a rapidly growing environment.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to synthesize information from multiple sources to draw conclusions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to simplify and explain complex problems, with a willingness to challenge when necessary.
- Excellent organizational skills and time management abilities, with the ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities at the same time.
- Proven track record of deploying process feedback loops to ensure the health of the field operations process.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work independently and with others.
- Lean Six Sigma experience desired.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Technology required.
$145,000 - $155,000 a year
Final salary offered is based upon multiple factors, including individual job-related qualifications, education, experience, knowledge, skills and location. In addition to salary, this position is also eligible for stock options. We offer comprehensive health insurance, paid time off, and 401k.