Business Development Representative
Panorama is a fast-growing national technology company focused on radically improving education. More than 2,000 school systems serving 15 million students across all 50 states have adopted our platform to understand students’ academic and social-emotional strengths and to identify those in need of additional support. School systems turn to our suite of tools to ensure that every child gets the support they need, including school climate and social-emotional learning surveys, tiered intervention planning, and professional development.
Panoramians can choose to work fully remote anywhere within the Continental United States, in-person from our Boston office, or a hybrid option.
About the Role
Business Development Representatives (BDRs) are responsible for inbound and outbound outreach for our growing Districts & Schools team. Drive awareness of Panorama in the market through cold calls, emails and serve as the first point of contact for prospects. Engage decision-makers in thoughtful conversations to drive revenue and improve student outcomes. If you want a role where you get out what you put in, love a little competition, and are interested in exploring a career in sales, this is your opportunity. At Panorama, we need teammates who empathize with our clients' challenges and appreciate their limited time by adding insightful and meaningful value to each interaction. And we can train the rest!
- Partner with your closer to identify target accounts with initiatives that align with Panorama’s value
- Source new leads from target accounts and execute sales tasks with fidelity each day, including 50-100 cold calls and emails
- Conduct timely follow-up on inbound leads in your territory
- Engage prospects via cold call and cold email, overcome objections and begin initial qualification to determine the best next steps
- Set meetings with prospects and transition relationships over to closing sales team for further qualification and product demonstrations
- Engage in training and coaching activities, with the ability to give and receive feedback and coaching
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- 2+ years K-12 Education, Customer Service, or Fundraising experience
- Genuine customer empathy and curiosity
- Ability to speak and comfortably ask questions to K-12 district leaders
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Self-Motivation, flexibility and the ability to work with ambiguity, urgency and persistence
- Experience setting and achieving goals for yourself -- and learning from mistakes along the way
- Experience selling ideas and involving stakeholders in decisions and action plans is a plus but not required
- Experience bringing social-emotional learning skills to interactions is a plus but not required
Base Salary: $70,000
The “Base Salary” range represents the low and high end of the anticipated salary range for this position across all US locations. The determination of this anticipated Base Salary range involves the consideration of many factors in making compensation decisions including but not limited to: unique skill sets, experience, training, performance, licensure and certifications, as well as other business and organizational needs. Our anticipated Base Salary determination is just one component of Panorama’s competitive total rewards strategy that also includes annual bonus or commission awards, equity awards, as well as other region-specific health and welfare benefits.
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Panorama also has a policy on maintaining a drug-free workplace.