VP of Strategic Finance (FP&A)
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Friday, April 7, 2023
Papa is a new kind of care, built on human connection. Across the country, health plans and employers look to Papa to provide vital social support by pairing older adults and families with Papa Pals, trained and vetted companions, who provide a helping hand and an open ear, resulting in less loneliness and better health.
Founded in 2017 and headquartered in Miami, Papa is backed by Canaan, Tiger Global Management, Comcast Ventures, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, TCG, Initialized Capital, and Seven Seven Six, among other revered institutional and individual investors. We envision a world where no one has to go it alone. Learn more at Papa.com.
Papa is an equal opportunity employer. We proudly support the ParityPledge® for gender and racial parity at the highest levels of business.
About the Role:
The VP of Strategic Finance (FP&A) is a key leadership position at Papa, responsible for driving financial strategy and cross-functional initiatives to deliver company goals. The role will lead the strategic finance team, report to the CFO, and influence the executive team and company-wide leadership on strategic direction.
In addition to the normal FP&A processes - annual planning, monthly reporting, and forecasting - this role is responsible for driving strategic cross-functional initiatives that support company OKRs. This includes a broad range of topics including pricing, utilization management, OKR setting, margin expansion initiatives, and capital strategy. This role is also responsible for supporting board meeting preparation from start to finish, as well as other investor communications.
Papa continues a rapid growth trajectory and needs a finance leader who will establish scalable processes and systems to keep up with the growth. You will also be responsible for continuing to build out key finance processes and identifying gaps and opportunities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Drive all aspects of financial strategy at Papa
- Own financial planning, forecasting, and period-end reporting activities, in close collaboration with leadership across the organization
- Help define company OKRs and monitor performance
- Provide strategic insight and recommendations on financial performance and our business model, focusing on KPIs, trends, and analytics to help meet the company’s long-term growth plans
- Become a trusted advisor to leaders across the organization
- Partner with Sales and Sales Ops to enable revenue growth by providing insights in financial rigor around pricing, margin expansion, commission and target setting
- Partner with Papa’s accounting team to support monthly financial reporting and annual audits.
- Support all Board of Director and investor communications
- Grow, lead and develop a team of high-performance finance professionals to drive the operational and financial health of the business
- Play an integral role in the company’s roadmap for public company readiness and embrace a quarterly reporting process and mindset
- You are an experience finance leader (10+ years experience) with a strategic mindset, with experience managing a high performing team
- Your background includes experience in a highly analytical, high caliber environment such as investment banking, private equity, management consulting, or a top-notch corporate finance team
- You understand that building sustainable relationships across the organization is the only way to deliver impact
- You constantly think strategically about where the business is heading and how we can improve, and know how to defend your POV with senior stakeholders
- The ability to interact with and influence people at all levels of an organization
- Data is second nature for you; you know how to build a hypothesis and then use data to validate it, all while maintaining the 10K foot view
- You love rolling up your sleeves and getting things done but also know how to enable your team and give them autonomy
- High level of comfort in a fast-paced environment with the ability to work with ambiguity
- Executive-level presence and communication skills and a commitment to continuous improvement and learning.
Salary & Benefits:
At Papa, we believe in caring for each other. In addition to competitive salaries and challenging work assignments we offer medical, dental and vision insurances, mental health and emotional wellbeing support tools, equity packages; 401k Plan with match of up to 4%, generous gender neutral parental leaves and PTO, lunch stipends and employee events that promote work life balance and camaraderie.
Job Type: Full-time
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Papa will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes.
Papa’s culture is People-first. While we have an incredible team of hard working Papa people, at the end of the day, our company is really about family and community – and we celebrate that among our employees. We encourage everyone to truly bring their whole authentic selves to work. To be transparent. To be non-hierarchical. And, above all, to be a really good person.
We see ourselves as a place where every Papa employee feels they belong, a place where careers flourish, a place that brings back purpose and joy to work, a culture where visionaries/entrepreneurs are developed.
Papa’s mission is at the core of our total rewards philosophy wherein we attract and retain high potential talent aligned with our journey. We offer gender neutral and inclusive parental leave policies that offer up to 16 weeks of 100% paid parental leave. We immensely value the benefits of a flexible workplace, while designing remote-first principles we ensured that Papa people feel psychologically safe about their career interests while being remote.
Beyond benefits: We want to take care of the whole employee and their families. To stay true to this commitment, we offer family care leave in addition to a generous paid time off policy, 401(k) match up to 4%; family forming support through access to Carrot; emotional health support tools through our medical plans such as Ginger, Happify ; access to women’s leadership network CHIEF to our senior women leaders and a host of events through a monthly culture calendar that enable emotional connectedness in a remote work environment.
See more open positions at Papa
Something looks off?