Accounting & Finance, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Saturday, April 15, 2023
Papa is a new kind of care, built on human connection. Across the country, health plans and employers look to Papa to provide vital social support by pairing older adults and families with Papa Pals, trained and vetted companions, who provide a helping hand and an open ear, resulting in less loneliness and better health.
Founded in 2017 and headquartered in Miami, Papa is backed by Canaan, Tiger Global Management, Comcast Ventures, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, TCG, Initialized Capital, and Seven Seven Six, among other revered institutional and individual investors. We envision a world where no one has to go it alone. Learn more at Papa.com.
Papa is an equal opportunity employer. We proudly support the ParityPledge® for gender and racial parity at the highest levels of business.
About the Role:
Papa is seeking an outstanding candidate to join our accounting team as an Accounting Manager either remotely or in Miami, FL. The Manager will play a key role in managing the accounting close, invoices preparation, and managing the company’s treasury processes. This position will also support the implementation of new systems and partner with the FinOps team in the integration of new and existing systems. This person will work closely with the Accounting Director and leadership across the organization, including client operations, the legal team, and CSE team in managing all accounting operations. The position is ideal for someone with an extensive accounting background that enjoys building new processes to support a business at scale. The person will be comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced, and rapidly changing environment.
- Manage the month-end close process to ensure accurate and timely GAAP reporting of financial statements; Assist in the preparation of auditable financial statements
- Review journal entries and account reconciliations for various balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Manage the creation and delivery of invoices monthly as well as supporting the automation of the invoicing process.
- Support, develop and document accounting policies and financial procedures to maintain & strengthen internal controls & compliance
- Assist in the development of key accounting policies and document memos
- Assist in various accounting functions such as accounts payable analysis, accounts receivable reporting and support, payroll reconciliation, expense report processing, and other ad-hoc general accounting-related tasks.
- Analyze existing processes and systems and identify and lead improvement opportunities
- Manage the year-end External Audit
Background and Skills:
- Bachelor’s or Master's Degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant with a CPA
- 5-8 years total experience with a mix of Big 4 and industry experience preferred; healthcare experience a plus
- Experience managing accounting functions and processes.
- Strong analytical skills with advanced Excel skills
- Experience creating written and oral communications and presentations
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience with NetSuite and Blackline.
- Experience with salesforce, airbase, and Expeneisfy is a plus
- Financial statement preparation is a plus.
- Excellent time and self-management skills & ability to prioritize.
- High attention to detail, critical thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills, combined with a good business judgment.
Salary and Benefits:
- Market competitive compensation package including salary, bonus and equity
- Health Care, Vision, Dental
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Papa will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes.
Papa’s culture is People-first. While we have an incredible team of hard working Papa people, at the end of the day, our company is really about family and community – and we celebrate that among our employees. We encourage everyone to truly bring their whole authentic selves to work. To be transparent. To be non-hierarchical. And, above all, to be a really good person.
We see ourselves as a place where every Papa employee feels they belong, a place where careers flourish, a place that brings back purpose and joy to work, a culture where visionaries/entrepreneurs are developed.
Papa’s mission is at the core of our total rewards philosophy wherein we attract and retain high potential talent aligned with our journey. We offer gender neutral and inclusive parental leave policies that offer up to 16 weeks of 100% paid parental leave. We immensely value the benefits of a flexible workplace, while designing remote-first principles we ensured that Papa people feel psychologically safe about their career interests while being remote.
Beyond benefits: We want to take care of the whole employee and their families. To stay true to this commitment, we offer family care leave in addition to a generous paid time off policy, 401(k) match up to 4%; family forming support through access to Carrot; emotional health support tools through our medical plans such as Ginger, Happify ; access to women’s leadership network CHIEF to our senior women leaders and a host of events through a monthly culture calendar that enable emotional connectedness in a remote work environment.