Senior Accounting Manager
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Saturday, April 15, 2023
Papa is a new kind of care, built on human connection. Across the country, health plans and employers look to Papa to provide vital social support by pairing older adults and families with Papa Pals, trained and vetted companions, who provide a helping hand and an open ear, resulting in less loneliness and better health.
Founded in 2017 and headquartered in Miami, Papa is backed by Canaan, Tiger Global Management, Comcast Ventures, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, TCG, Initialized Capital, and Seven Seven Six, among other revered institutional and individual investors. We envision a world where no one has to go it alone. Learn more at Papa.com.
Papa is an equal opportunity employer. We proudly support the ParityPledge® for gender and racial parity at the highest levels of business.
About the Role:
This is an exciting time to join our Accounting team as you will help us build a strong infrastructure to support growth and scale. The role will manage our accounting function, help manage financial systems, and own the end-to-end accounting close. You will manage a team of 3 resources through A/P, A/R, and general accounting operations. Additionally, you will support payroll and benefits processing.
The Team You’ll Work With:
The Accounting Senior Manager will report to and work closely with the Director of Accounting and Financial Operations, as well as partner with the Finance and Business Operations team to support the monthly financial and accounting operations and reporting.
The Problems You’ll Solve:
As Papa continues to grow quickly, we will need an impactful leader to help manage the accounting operations of the company, as well as support cross-functional partners through day-to-day operations. This role will help support the Director of Accounting and Financial Operations manage the accounting team and ensure accuracy of monthly financials. The position is ideal for someone with an extensive accounting background that enjoys managing operations, as well as building a team to support a business at scale. The person will be comfortable working in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment.
- Manage the month-end close process to ensure accurate and timely GAAP reporting of financial statements; own the month-end close process and preparation of financial statements
- Review journal entries and account reconciliations for various balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Support the documentation of accounting policies and financial procedures to maintain & strengthen internal controls & compliance
- Assist in the development of key accounting policies and document memos
- Manage accounting team through various accounting functions such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, expense report processing, and other ad-hoc general accounting-related tasks
- Work with the People team in managing the payroll cycle and payroll reporting
- Manage the year-end audit
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master's Degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field with a CPA
- 7-10 years total experience with a mix of Big 4 and industry experience preferred; healthcare experience a plus
- Extensive knowledge of GAAP
- Experience managing a team
- Experience with ERP systems (NetSuite is a plus)
- Strong analytical skills with advanced Excel skills
- Experience creating written and oral communications and presentations
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent time and self-management skills & ability to prioritize
- High attention to detail, critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills, combined with a good business judgment
Salary and Benefits
- Market competitive compensation package including salary, bonus, and equity
- Health Care, Vision, Dental
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Papa will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes.
Papa’s culture is People-first. While we have an incredible team of hard working Papa people, at the end of the day, our company is really about family and community – and we celebrate that among our employees. We encourage everyone to truly bring their whole authentic selves to work. To be transparent. To be non-hierarchical. And, above all, to be a really good person.
We see ourselves as a place where every Papa employee feels they belong, a place where careers flourish, a place that brings back purpose and joy to work, a culture where visionaries/entrepreneurs are developed.
Papa’s mission is at the core of our total rewards philosophy wherein we attract and retain high potential talent aligned with our journey. We offer gender neutral and inclusive parental leave policies that offer up to 16 weeks of 100% paid parental leave. We immensely value the benefits of a flexible workplace, while designing remote-first principles we ensured that Papa people feel psychologically safe about their career interests while being remote.
Beyond benefits: We want to take care of the whole employee and their families. To stay true to this commitment, we offer family care leave in addition to a generous paid time off policy, 401(k) match up to 4%; family forming support through access to Carrot; emotional health support tools through our medical plans such as Ginger, Happify ; access to women’s leadership network CHIEF to our senior women leaders and a host of events through a monthly culture calendar that enable emotional connectedness in a remote work environment.