Senior Platform Engineer
We’re looking for an experienced, platform engineer who can integrate infrastructure into a platform with a focus on reliability and scalability. Our teams and users will trust and rely on the platform you help build to do their best work and build their businesses.
What we're looking for
- Strong interest in development platforms, MLOps, CI/CD, infrastructure or making products for technical teams
- Able to make effective trade-offs in regards to both engineering and product requirements, while balancing short term and long term needs
- Experience with system, API, and infrastructure design using cloud concepts such as storage volumes, private networks, container scheduling, and Kubernetes
What you'll be doing
- Implement MLOps platform features that integrate with Kubernetes supporting multiple clouds providers
- Integrate cloud capabilities with the platform such as: storage, private networks, and load balancers
- Add and maintain integrations to platform entities such as storage providers, datasets, models, and metrics
- Ship product features from planning to launch to maintenance with high autonomy
- Collaborate with other engineers to find elegant architectures and solutions
Technical problems the team has worked on
- Integrating storage quotas with a distributed file system and Kubernetes
- Wrote a fluent-bit plugin in Rust to handle multi-tenancy authentication for logging
- Created a multi-node image cacher for Kubernetes that supports limits
- Create an architecture to store datasets with a unified interface to multiple S3 providers
- Create a user facing YAML spec to be used for a workflow engine to support CI/CD primitives
- Create a terraform module for cluster provisioning and a CLI to facilitate installation
At Paperspace, we carefully consider a wide range of factors when determining compensation, including your background and experience. The estimated salary range for this position is estimated to be $125,000 - $200,000/year. Total compensation for this position may also include Incentive Stock Options, sign-on bonus and other potential future incentives. Further note that total compensation for this position will be determined by each individual’s relevant qualifications, work experience, skills, and other factors. This estimate excludes the value of any potential sign-on bonus; the value of any benefits offered; and the potential future value of any long-term incentives. We encourage all interested candidates to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values and welcomes diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Something looks off?