Principal Data Engineer
Parsable improves the lives and experiences of frontline industrial workers by connecting them to the people, information, systems and machines needed to do their best work. Companies like Heineken, Grupo Bimbo, Suntory, LafargeHolcim and Corteva Agriscience rely on Parsable’s mobile-first platform, Connected Worker®, to empower their workers with modern digital tools that improve productivity, quality, safety, and sustainability at scale.
Parsable is looking for an experienced Principal Data Engineer to join our Data and Analytics organization. Parsable is on a mission to unlock the data and insights industrial leaders need to improve their operations and build a more sustainable future.
This role is remote ideally located in one of the following locations: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, IA, ID, IN, IL, MA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NC, NJ, NY, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, British Columbia or Ontario.
- Accountable for the overall architecture, development, implementation and quality of Parsable’s data platform
- Define and implement data engineering and architectural patterns and practices to enable key features and drive new feature development
- Drive the selection of technology enablers to deliver performant, reliable and cost-optimized solutions
- Design, build, and maintain data infrastructure, including data lake, data warehouse, and data pipelines
- Define, publish, and maintain datasets for internal and external customers
- Collaborate with Product, Professional Services, and other stakeholders to develop new data-driven features and products
- Create technical documentation for accessing, integrating, and using Parsable data
- Act as the subject matter expert for data at Parsable; gain and consistently maintain deep knowledge of our data model and implementation technologies
- Serve as a leader and mentor within the data engineering team and the larger engineering organization
- Improve and build observability, uptime, and readiness metrics to detect problems and maintain our SLAs with our customers
- Implement DevSecOps tooling, processes and procedures to promote rapid iteration and reliable delivery of new and updated features
- Deliver quality work in an agile delivery model within a team environment
- Share your work and data engineering best practices across the organization
- 8+ years experience delivering data platforms at scale
- 5+ years experience architecting, building and releasing production-grade data solutions within a SaaS environment
- Demonstrated, hands-on mastery of the AWS suite of data engineering tools including Athena, Glue, Kinesis, RedShift, S3 etc.
- Experience with Apache Iceberg, Apache Hudi or Delta Lake preferred
- Deep experience building batch and data streaming architectures
- Ability to assert and defend opinions on the merits of differing solutions
- Ability to clearly explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Familiarity with a variety of third-party data engineering tools and common architectures
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $172,000-$210,000 + bonus (or commission) + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your Talent Acquisition Partner can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. We offer all full-time positions in the US with comprehensive benefits packages including Medical, Dental, Vision, Long and Short term Disability, Life and AD&D and a wide range of additional voluntary benefits.
At Parsable we have a clear vision: Build an inclusive and diverse organization in which differences are respected and valued. By facilitating dialogue, education, community service and improving internal policies, we're creating a connected community in which everyone is accepted as their best, most authentic self. Parsable is committed to creating an employee population which reflects our customers and our communities. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Something looks off?