🔮 Product Engineer (NYC)
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Wednesday, August 16, 2023
Vision and Product
Partiful's mission is to cultivate friendships through social events.
We believe parties (and other social events) are the most effective way to meet new people and make friends. We want to make it easier to plan these events and coordinate with groups, creating more opportunities for meaningful connection.
Our product helps you throw incredible parties and meet new people, starting with memorable party pages that make it easy to plan & communicate with guests. (Create a party page to see how it works.) We're building new ways to streamline party planning, connect meaningfully in the real world, and make connections between friends-of-friends.
Our ultimate vision is to power everything you do in the real world with your friends, eliminating the friction of bringing your most memorable experiences to life.
We were recently featured in:
Mashable (who called us one of the top 10 trends that changed the internet in 2022)
We’re looking for thoughtful, creative engineers to help bring this vision to life.
In this role you will:
- Build end-to-end features across our web app (React, Node.js, Typescript) and mobile app (React Native)
- Ship technical improvements to scale performance, speed, and stability
- Suggest improvements to our product and processes
- Help to prioritize features and projects based on data, user feedback, and company goals
- Scope features and projects, including writing product requirements documents and technical design documents
- Meet with users to get product signal and feedback
- Work closely with our designers to craft thoughtful UX flows
- Collaborate with our community team to learn how our product is being used
- Own large product surface areas as you grow
- Help drive improvements in code quality, engineering best practices
- Mentor (and be mentored by) other engineers at the top of their game
It's an amazing opportunity because:
- We’re very early stage, so you'll have an outsized equity stake and an unparalleled opportunity to shape the product direction.
- You'll also get to join the company just as we're taking off, with tons of resources to set us up for success.
- Our company is backed by top-tier VCs as well as incredible angels.
- We're advised by the founders of some of the most successful consumer social products ever made.
- Our team backgrounds include Facebook, Snapchat, Lyft, Palantir, Princeton, Brown, MIT and Stanford.
- The founders have both worked at multiple startups that exited and/or achieved a multi-billion+ valuation.
We're NY- and LA-based with a hybrid in-person model, in the office 3 days a week. Our stack is React (web app), React Native (mobile app), Node.js, and Typescript.
You’re likely a good fit if you:
- Have 5+ years of full-time software engineering experience
- Have strong product chops
- Love beautiful design
- Are detail-oriented
- Ship high-quality code quickly
- Delight in delighting users
- Can elegantly structure and decomp complex features
- Generate clever solutions when faced with constraints
- Put ego aside when making decisions
*Bonus points if you love throwing parties 🥳.
- 401(k) with up to 6% matching
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance for you and all your dependents (FSAs and HSA plans available)
- Free OneMedical membership, telehealth, and virtual mental health services
- Contributions towards ClassPass and Citibike memberships
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited vacation (minimum 3 weeks required)
- $100 quarterly stipend to plan your own party and dogfood the product
- Team offsites 2x a year
- Quarterly travel benefit (visit satellite office in LA/NYC for up to 2 weeks each quarter)
- Get invited to exclusive parties 🎉
Please apply here or via AngelList, and include a note on what's got you excited about Partiful.
We're an equal-opportunity employer and strongly encourage applicants from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
We're proud to be a team of majority women and/or people of color. Diversity and inclusion aren't just lip service to us -- we walk the walk, hold ourselves accountable, and actively work to bring new perspectives to the table.