Android Engineer, Content
Patreon is the best place for creators to build memberships by providing exclusive access to their work and a deeper connection with their communities. We’re building a content and community platform where creators can engage directly with their fans and monetize their creativity, while maintaining full ownership over the work they make and the communities they create.
We’re leaders in the membership space with 250,000+ active creators and over $3.5 billion paid directly to creators on our platform. Our team is building tools to optimize the creator-to-fan relationship, including native video, enhanced podcasting features, improved creation tools, and new community experiences. We’re continuing to invest heavily in building the most talented team in the Creator Economy and are looking for an Android Engineer to support our mission.
This role is based in NYC or SF and open to those who are able to be in-office 2 days per week on a hybrid work model.
About the Role
- Contribute to the technical design and development of new content experiences on Patreon
- Advocate for best patterns and practices, leaving the codebase better than you found it and fostering an engineering culture of excellence
- Work closely with peers to drive clarity and alignment on technical vision and direction
- Work closely with the Android team to build a best in class mobile experience
- Work with a fully cross functional team to define and deliver new product features
- 3+ years of experience in product software development
- In depth knowledge of Kotlin or Java
- Excited to maintain high standard of quality and craft with an eye for user experience and engineering detail
- A track record of building systems with attention to detail, high reliability, and high throughput
- Experience designing, building, deploying, monitoring and maintaining code in a large-scale mobile application
- Proactive in communicating with your peers and cross-functional partners
Patreon powers creators to do what they love and get paid by the people who love what they do. Our team is passionate about making this mission and our core values come to life every day in our work. Through this work, our Patronauts:
- Put Creators First | They’re the reason we’re here. When creators win, we win.
- Build with Craft | We sign our name to every deliverable, just like the creators we serve.
- Make it Happen | We don’t quit. We learn and deliver.
- Win Together | We grow as individuals. We win as a team.
Patreon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected class.
Patreon offers a competitive benefits package including and not limited to salary, equity plans, healthcare, unlimited paid time off, company holidays and recharge days, commuter benefits, lifestyle stipends, learning and development stipends, patronage, parental leave, and 401k plan with matching.
The posted range represents the expected salary range for this job requisition and does not include any other potential components of the compensation package, benefits and perks previously outlined. Ultimately, in determining pay, we'll consider your experience, leveling, location and other job-related factors.