Head of Strategy
Head of Strategy
About the role
What You’ll Do:
As PermitFlow’s Chief of Staff, you will play a crucial role in supporting the Co-Founders and leadership team at a growing B2B construction tech startup. This role will have the opportunity to work on high impact projects and will serve as an extension of the Co-Founders to the broader team.
Your role will primarily focus on:
- Strategic Partner: You will be the right hand to both Co-Founders at PermitFlow, with full access to the calendar, shadowing critical meetings, and leading important business and product deliverables. Discretion is key. You will have a strong ability to determine who to cascade information and updates to.
- Collaboration: You will be in constant lockstep with the Co-Founders and serve as a delegate on occasion, taking on varied tasks across the company's global presence. A proactive approach is key as you will need to be two steps ahead of the Co-Founders and anticipate their needs.
- Special Projects: You will take on special assignments at the request of the Co-Founders and Leadership Team, which may include areas such as product development, finance and people operations.
- Communication: You will serve as a communication link between teams across the startup to gather insight and updates on various company-wide matters, ensuring all necessary stakeholders are in the loop. Being able to keep the Co-Founders and Leadership team aligned and on the same page is key.
- Operations: You will oversee and manage operational tasks, both internal (e.g., meeting preparation) and external (e.g., sending investor updates) as needed.
The ideal candidate for this role is a proactive team player, strategic thinker and able to use discretion when necessary.
Qualifications & Fit:
- 2+ years of experience in a consulting, high-growth tech company or equivalent role, with a preference for experience in the real estate / construction industry.
- Strong ability to collaborate across multiple personalities and teams.
- Highly resourceful - you are able to find answers and information independently or identify the correct person to go to for information.
- High degree of communication and organization, with a proactive problem-solving attitude.
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity and quickly switch context between shifting priorities.
- Bonus points for entrepreneurial experience, ownership mentality, and experience at an early stage startup.
- Competitive salary and equity packages
- Home office & equipment stipend
- Flexible working hours & unlimited PTO
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
PermitFlow is TurboTax for construction permitting. We are on a mission to streamline and simplify construction permitting in the United States, unlocking more value in the $1.6 trillion construction market. Our software reduces time to permit, supporting permitting end-to-end including permit research, application preparation, submission, and monitoring.
We’ve raised $5.5m+ led by Initialized Capital, Y Combinator, and the founders and executives from Zillow, PlanGrid, Thumbtack, Opendoor, Bluebeam, Uber, Twitter, HubSpot, Procore, Yelp, Brex, and more. Our team consists of architects, structural engineers, permitting experts, and workflow software specialists, all of whom have personally experienced the pain of permitting.
We are a remote first team and are offering highly competitive market rate salaries.