Founding Account Executive - US, Canada Remote
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2023
Rainforest QA is a distributed company full of smart, capable people from around the world who enjoy working together to make our customers successful.
Our mission is to make it painless for every software team to measure and improve product quality. We’ve built our no-code test automation platform for developers and product managers who want to catch more bugs without slowing down the release process. Unlike most test automation, the platform requires zero code to write, run, and maintain end-to-end tests.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Founding Account Executive to join our Tribe! The Founding AE will initially work alongside our CEO/Founder to run a sales cycle for technical buyers looking for a more cohesive solution to their QA challenges including expert consultation, project management, exclusive test services and customization. After an onboarding period, the Founding AE will take over ownership of the enterprise sales motion and help us solidify our product-led sales motion to upsell current customers.
Our product is incredibly powerful, nuanced and complex; the Founding AE must be able to truly understand the customer’s pain points with their current software development lifecycle, and sell them on doing QA a better way with The Rainforest Method on the Rainforest platform.
The ideal candidate has a proven track record of building a successful sales process and pipeline at an early-stage startup, experience selling to technical personas, and familiarity with Product Led Growth (PLG). We have aggressive sales targets, and we’re looking for someone who is motivated by a challenge and will do what it takes to be successful.
- Build, iterate and manage the enterprise sales process to meet sales targets
- Expertly present Rainforest’s solutions using value-based sales approaches and techniques including personalized demos and consultative conversations
- Provide timely and accurate forecasts and clear visibility on sales performance
- Leverage and coordinate internal teams (Engineering, Marketing, Product, Exec, etc.) to win deals
- Consistently meet or exceed established quota for new deals
- Synthesize feedback and patterns to push to our Product team
- Prospecting to take advantage of opportunities in the marketplace and build a healthy pipeline
- 3+ years closing experience with a $1M annual quota and an average ACV of $30-100k
- Experience selling a robust SaaS product in an early-stage startup environment
- Experience with proactively identifying, pursuing and engaging prospects to influence their purchase decision
- Knowledge of business processes and how prospects make software buying decisions
- Experience navigating procurement processes including security review
- Proficient understanding of and experience with the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Ability to resonate with a technical buyer (CTO, VP Eng) and a technical user
How we'll reward you
- Competitive salary with equity
- Weekly allowance for lunches
- Monthly allowance for remote office supplies or personal development
- Unlimited paid-time off
- Company off-sites to bond with your team and explore exciting destinations around the world
- 100% medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage. 75% for dependents.
- Voluntary 401k program.
About The Company
We are a truly distributed team, spanning across Asia/Pacific, Europe and North America (our headquarters is in San Francisco). Culturally we implore each other to champion our belief that life is about more than work and that we are all responsible in fostering a culture which can support a team with a diverse set of lifestyle options.
A Note on Diversity and Inclusion
At Rainforest we believe that diverse teams improve our business. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See more open positions at Rainforest QA
Something looks off?