Senior Software Engineer, iOS Reddit X (Marketplace)
Last year, we launched Collectible Avatars in partnership with independent artists to bring unique designs and benefits to collectible owners. While we have onboarded millions of users to the initiatives, we are in the beginning of our journey. If there is one thing we’ve noticed with digital collectibles is that they have an incredible power to create a sense of participation and belonging. With each project, a vibrant community of owners pops up with it. Fans of today’s biggest creators and brands are now flocking to buy digital goods directly from them -- to support them, to gain exclusive access, and to feel a greater sense of connection with them. Over time, collectibles will play a central role in how fans support their favorite creators and communities on Reddit and beyond.
We are hiring a Senior iOS Engineer who can move incredibly fast while delivering a quality product. You'll work on the highest impact project in a team of brilliant engineers like yourself. In addition to building technology, you’ll contribute to the product and business strategy.
Reddit X Website: x.redditinc.com
What you’ll Do
- Move fast while balancing quality. We can’t afford extensive processes, and we also can’t afford show-stopping bugs. We need people who can balance speed with quality while quickly building brand-new products.
- Contribute meaningfully to team strategy. We give everyone a seat at the table and encourage active participation in planning for the future. Don’t just come along for the ride.
- Communicate effectively, within the team and across disciplines. Work closely with product managers and designers to craft compelling user experiences.
What we’re looking for
- 4+ years mobile development experience with multiple parts of the iOS stack. We develop with Swift. Experience with Texture, UIKit, or SwiftUI are nice to have, but not required.
- Ability to design and implement complex distributed systems operating under high load.
- Experience developing customer-facing public applications is preferred.
- Experience with chat products is a plus.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. On our team, everyone needs to act like a startup CEO. You must be self-directed, innovative, and biased towards action in fast-paced environments. You live to build new things and thrive in ambiguity and even failure.
- Excellent communication skills. You must be able to collaborate effectively with teams in a fully-remote environment, and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. We're completely remote friendly and continue to be after the pandemic. Apply today to learn more!
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.
The base pay range for this position is: $198,200 - $297,300.
Something looks off?