Senior/Staff Software Engineer, Transport
Posted on Thursday, January 12, 2023
About the team and role
The position is a mix of software engineering and cloud network engineering; a lot of the time, we are writing software to improve and simplify the deployment of our vast network infrastructure. We are also producing complex and tightly integrated controllers for our network that address Denial of Service attacks, Traffic Balancing, as well software that makes it easy to find and communicate with Reddit’s numerous services behind the scenes. There is a substantial amount of troubleshooting and analysis to understand the real problems we face as we scale, and our customer’s workloads change.
A successful candidate will;
- Work collaboratively with a team of software engineers and systems engineers to create and maintain the foundational platform for running Reddit’s infrastructure.
- Design, write, and deliver software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of Reddit’s products in Go and sometimes Python.
- Contribute feedback to the technical and strategic direction of the compute platform
- Automate critical aspects of the development process such as service creation and management, as well as critical infrastructure operations.
Who You Might Be:
- 5+ years of experience developing internet-scale software, preferably in infrastructure roles.
- Prior experience with cloud infrastructure systems is a plus (Kubernetes, AWS / GCE ecosystems).
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages; Python, Go, Rust, Java, C++.
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with a service-oriented team and company.
- Private Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Retirement Savings plan with matching contributions
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Commuter Benefits
- Flexible Vacation & Reddit Global Days Off
See more open positions at Reddit
Something looks off?