Staff Software Engineer, Machine Learning (Advertiser Optimization)
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. This role is completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
The Advertiser Optimization team makes our advertising platform more efficient and easier to use. Whether it’s control theory for bidding automation, bayesian networks for smart ad rotation, or machine learning models for conversion optimization, we do whatever it takes to make our platform better for our customers. We’re a diverse team of statisticians, data scientists, and ads experts, and we want you to join us!
- Dive deep into our platform to spot opportunities for improvement. Apply mathematical sophistication to solve our customers’ problems.
- Build applied machine learning models end to end to production.
- Iterate and tune algorithms and/or models with A/B test and experimentation.
- Own your work from conception and design to implementation and rollout.
- Research state of the art algorithmic techniques. Recognize promising innovations and adapt them to serve Reddit’s unique platform and community.
- Design, implement, and maintain reliable high performance distributed systems.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a quantitative/CS major (e.g., mathematics, statistics, economics, finance, computer science). Master’s or PhD is a plus, but not required.
- Applied ML/algorithm optimization experience or background
- Proficiency with programming languages and statistical analysis (Python, SQL).
- 7+ years experience in a relevant industry or academic background, preferably in a quantitative/modeling or highly scalable computing environment.
- Ads experience
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.
The base pay range for this position is: $198,200 - $297,300.
Something looks off?