Senior Software Engineer - Developer Experience
“The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities.
The mission of the Developer Experience team is to design, develop, and support tools and processes that make common developer workflows efficient and reliable.
Some of our present and future challenges include:
- Building a strong cloud staging development story for the entire company.
- Re-envisioning our service frameworks and tooling integrations to increase developer efficiency, confidence, and service reliability.
As a senior engineer on this team, you’ll be immediately responsible for building and driving a vision for our service framework in multiple language implementations. You’ll draw on your technical expertise and leadership skills to ensure this framework and the existing constellation of developer tooling is cohesive and provides maximum value to an ever growing engineering organization. You’ll look for ways to bring in good ideas from other peers and also for opportunities to engage with org, presenting and sharing the team’s accomplishments.
What You'll Do
- Steer: Work with the team to select, scope, and drive high leverage projects that align with Reddit’s goals.
- Build: Execute on a strategy and create more efficient, more reliable developer workflows.
- Amplify: Mentor other ICs and be a technical leader for the DevProd team.
- Collaborate: Work together with a variety of teams across Reddit Engineering.
- Evolve: Learn and improve your own technical and non-technical abilities.
What You'll Have
- 5+ years of experience identifying and driving high impact projects that align with the company’s strategy.
- 3+ years of software development experience.
- 3+ years experience working on developer tools, library development, API design.
- High empathy, excellent communication skills, and the ability to find compromise working across the entire engineering org.
- History of mentorship and technical leadership.
- Kubernetes experience is a big plus.
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.
The base pay range for this position is: $183,500 - $275,300.
Something looks off?