Principal Engineer, Web Platform
This role will enable us to architect our Web application (Reddit.com) to scale for the next 100M DAUs. They will help establish the right standards in Web development and will help in improving the overall Web development experience at Reddit. In addition, they will mentor Web engineers across Reddit and will be seen as a go-to person for any challenges on Web App architecture.
The mission of the Web Platform team is to create a performant and high-quality foundation for our Web application (Reddit.com). Our vision for the Web Platform team is to have the best-in- class Web product for our users. You will have the company-wide scope, impact, and responsibility in shaping the future of Web(Frontend) development at Reddit. You will champion the technology selection, and best practices in Reddit’s Web application development. In addition, you will act as an Architect for Web development Reddit.
What you’ll do
- Own the architecture of Reddit’s Web application (Reddit.com) and make it scale to the next 100M+ DAUs. Propose ideas/solutions to reach our vision of “making Reddit.com best-in-class, a top 5 website in the world.”
- Identify the gaps in our current Web application architecture, and lead the redesign of the Web platform to improve user experience, performance, and quality.
- Help us improve the developer experience by reducing the build times, and by providing a modular architecture, and improving the developer workflows.
- Help us build the technical foundation for rapid experimentation without compromising on quality.
- Mentor Web developers across the company.
- Be the go-to person for developers on complex problems in Web development.
What we expect from you
- Deep experience-based understanding of how to build Web applications at scale.
- You are a strategic thinker who thrives on developing a long-term technical foundation and has a passion for developing scalable, well-designed software that improves people’s lives globally.
- 10+ years of Software development experience with at least 5+ years in designing/developing Web applications.
- Experience in influencing larger (100+ engineers) organizations on technical direction/best practices related to Web/Frontend development.
- Experience with modern Web development frameworks such as Web components, react. js, Server Side rendering.
- Passion for developing scalable, well-designed software that improves people’s lives globally.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams such as design, product, data teams to deliver great user experiences.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent technical expertise
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
Something looks off?