Senior Product Manager, Ads Marketplace: E-commerce
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. This role is completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
Team description: Ads Marketplace Shopping
The Reddit Ads team is poised to rapidly innovate and grow like no other time in its history. This is a unique opportunity to join a high performing team that will shape how we monetize the Reddit platform and to help connect Redditors with brands they love.
Reddit is building an advertising solution for retailers to easily advertise the merchandise in their product catalogs. We plan to ingest the catalogs and automatically run ad campaigns for the available products. It is a high scale machine learning problem where we need to process millions of products and show the right product for the right user at the right time.
You would be the Senior PM responsible for building the ads serving system for Shopping Ads and you will be working across the Ads Marketplace team to deliver high performance solutions for our advertisers.
You’ll be responsible for the following areas:
- Performance solutions for Shopping Ads: shopping advertisers want high sales volumes at a competitive return on ad spend. As the Senior PM responsible for our shopping performance solutions you’ll be working across the Ads Marketplace team to define the overall vision on how to achieve high performance for shopping advertisers. You will be working across multiple product areas (Prediction, Targeting, Bidding, Budget delivery, Ads quality, Measurement, Creative generation, etc) to identify, design, implement, and launch products and features that work well together and deliver high performance. You will also work with our Advertiser Frontend & Platform teams to launch these solutions to advertisers.
- Shopping Ads serving - building a shopping ads business requires building highly scalable systems that can process thousands of shopping catalogs, some with millions of products available for sale, and finding the best product to show for each user and context. You will be working with our Ads Serving team (in the US and in Amsterdam) to design and launch scalable ad serving solutions that meet the needs of our business.
As an early member of a critical Ads team and multiple-broad product areas, you will have significant ownership and responsibility in shaping Reddit’s overall monetization strategy.
- Develop and champion product vision and strategy on how to deliver high performance for shopping advertisers.
- Work closely with sales, marketing, and advertisers to understand advertiser needs and to develop product requirements.
- Work with product managers, engineers, scientists, designers, marketing, sales and a wider set of cross-functional partners to design, implement, and launch delightful products that improve business performance.
- Find a way to scale our shopping ads business and to drive purchase volume and return on spend for shopping advertisers.
- Own the roadmap and drive execution in the above product areas.
- Experience with building enterprise-user or end-user products.
- A track record of developing and championing product strategy and vision.
- A compelling influencer with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational and execution skills.
- A track record of having quantifiable business impact.
- At least four years of experience working as a product manager in a technology company
- North America timezone-based
- Ad Tech experience in domain relevant areas (e.g. shopping ads, ads quality, optimization, machine learning, targeting, ad serving, etc.) or similar relevant experience from non-ad Tech companies (e-commerce, search and recommendation systems, etc.)
- Technical degree (computer science, engineering, mathematics, economics or related field)
- Experience with Machine Learning a strong plus
- Proven experience working on large initiative, across teams, and on highly cross-functional products
- 7+ years of product management experience in a technology company
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.
The base pay range for this position is: $183,500 - $275,300.
Something looks off?