Senior Software Engineer, ML Serving Infrastructure
"The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities.
WHO WE ARE:
Reddit is poised to rapidly innovate and grow like no other time in its history. Reddit has seen exponential growth and the ML Serving Infrastructure team plays a central role, matching up the right content with each user. This position encompasses ownership of the serving layer for machine learning. We focus on improving the resilience, latency, cost and developer velocity of the hot path services, those services that serve end user requests.
We are looking to add a Senior Software Engineer, ML Serving Infrastructure to the team, who will build highly robust, scalable, reliable and performant ML serving systems. You will work closely with Backend Architects, Product Managers, Machine Learning and domain experts to deliver best in class ML serving systems that will advance Reddit’s efforts to bring community and belonging to everyone on the planet.
This is a high-impact role where you will be involved in technical & product strategy, operations, architecture, and execution for one of the largest sites in the world.
- Languages: Go, Python, C++ or any object-oriented programming language
- Libraries: Baseplate, GraphQL
- Databases: Redis, Postgres, Memcached
- Tools: Kubernetes, Kafka, AWS, GCP
HOW YOU'LL HAVE IMPACT:
- Design and implement the next generation ML serving systems that power Reddit
- Work closely with product and ML engineers to design and implement scalable interfaces
- Explore new technologies that help grow our ML serving capabilities
- Champion and drive engineering processes and best practices
- Write efficient, scalable and maintainable code that will help us iterate quickly and safely
WHO YOU MIGHT BE:
- 3+ years of experience as a software engineer developing backend / platforms at scale, using Go, Python, C++ or any object oriented programming language
- Additional knowledge around GraphQL, REST, HTTP basics, GRPC, Thrift and the ability to design maintainable APIs
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize tasks and keep projects on schedule
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Experience designing and implementing performant, stable, and maintainable API interfaces
- Familiar with software engineering best practices such as unit testing and code reviews, design, and documentation
- Entrepreneurial spirit: You are self-directed, innovative, and biased towards action in fast-paced environments. You love to build new things and thrive in ambiguity and even failure
- Excellent communication skills: You collaborate effectively with teams in a fully remote environment and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.
The base pay range for this position is: $183,500 - $275,300.