Staff Software Engineer, Growth
The mission of the Growth Onboarding team is to connect users with Reddit’s core value of community while providing relevant content to them. As a core member of the team, you’ll be working with the immense scale of hundreds of millions of users and their data to help them discover and personalize their experience on Reddit.
How You'll Have Impact:
As a Staff Engineer, you’ll lead a team of very talented Senior Engineers in the effort to scale and platformize our Onboarding, Authentication and relevance systems. You’ll work directly on problems that impact hundreds of millions of users and help them discover and be delighted by their experience on Reddit.
- 8+ years of software development experience in one or more general-purpose programming languages.
- Experience designing and building high throughput, fault tolerant services using modern distributed systems.
- Deep understanding of testing, continuous integration, build, deployment & monitoring
- Ability to define and own technical roadmaps for large cross-cutting initiatives spanning multiple teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and has a passion to be a mentor / leader to other engineers.
- Experience in handling ambiguous business requirements with excellent prioritization, time management abilities, and a focus on execution
- Customer focused and self-directed with a bias towards delivering value and outcomes.
- Past experience working with data pipelines, and machine learning teams is a plus.
Reddit is completely remote friendly and will continue to be remote-first for most roles and teams.
This role is 100%, permanently remote with the option to work in a nearby Reddit office if you desire to.
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.
The base pay range for this position is: $198,200 - $297,300.
Something looks off?