Senior Software Engineer, Ads Targeting Platform
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. This role is completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
As a company, Reddit primarily generates revenue through advertising, and we're working towards building a massive business to fund our mission. We distinguish ourselves from other digital ad platforms by attracting advertisers who want to connect with a specific target audience because of our passionate and engaged communities.
We're searching for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Ads Targeting Platform team. The mission of this team is to create and define shared standards, low-latency infrastructure, and libraries for all Ads Targeting initiatives. As a member of this team, you will help us in scaling our systems to serve more advertisers, enable more sophisticated targeting logic, and enable faster rollout of new targeting product offerings.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Ads Targeting Platform team, you will be responsible for enabling targeting products with the economy of scale, building out ads targeting infrastructure and platform generalizing across product areas, and raising the bar for system reliability, resiliency, performance, and cost-effectiveness. You will also focus on improving targeting development velocity through better observability and monitoring, as well as establishing and contributing to the team's culture and processes. Some example projects you may work on include unifying an ElasticSearch cluster for various targeting products like Dynamic Product Ads and Contextual Keyword Targeting, developing audience data storage and APIs, contributing to the audience size estimate and forecasting service, building a targeting validator, and creating observability tooling for targeting funnel metrics.
- 5+ years of experience as a backend engineer, building high-throughput, low-latency real-time systems
- Experience with Ads Targeting / Ads Serving / Search / Candidate generation is preferred
- Familiarity with data-intensive applications (DB, cache, batch / stream processing) is preferred
- Experience with ML infra serving is a bonus
- Significant experience in one or more general purpose programming languages such as Java, Scala, Go, C++, or Python
- For Senior-level candidates: Experience leading large engineering teams and collaborating with cross-functional partners
- For Staff-level candidates: ability to set the direction; responsible for the quality and technical approach within the team
Technologies used on the team include:
- Languages: Go, Python, Scala
- Frameworks: Baseplate, Spark, Flink
- Datastores: ElasticSearch / Amazon OpenSearch, Redis, Postgres, Cassandra, Kafka, Druid, BigQuery
- Tools: Kubernetes, Argo, Airflow, Docker, Thrift, AWS / GCS
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.
The base pay range for this position is: $183,500 - $275,300.
Something looks off?