Senior Product Manager - Safety Signals
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. This role is completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
The Safety Signals team is responsible for continually improving the coverage and quality of Reddit’s user and content signals. The team’s mission is to protect Redditors from unwanted experiences by providing internal systems with a better understanding of the users and content on our platform.
As a Senior Product Manager for Safety Signals, you will define and execute the team roadmap by partnering closely with product engineering teams, other product managers, data scientists, and architects. Your focus will be to manage the Safety Signals portfolio as a product and identify opportunities to drive adoption and expand the impact of the team's services, as well as define how these services should evolve over time to meet the needs of our users and our business.
- Lead the delivery and execution of the Safety Signals product roadmap
- Maintain and communicate a prioritized roadmap to support Safety and company strategic initiatives
- Shape the vision and strategy for the future of Safety Signals
- Work closely with developers and product managers to understand problems, capture new ideas and manage a prioritized backlog of requirements
- Participate in quarterly planning sessions to define initiatives, resolve dependencies and perform data-driven prioritization
- Communicate and evangelize the value of Safety Signals to product engineering teams and business stakeholders by defining, tracking and reporting on metrics
- Work cross-functionally across product, engineering, architecture, infrastructure, field and other areas to successfully push platform initiatives forward
- You have a proven track record at least 4+ years of product management experience
- You have shipped products that have delivered meaningful business results
- You have a strong technical background in large-scale distributed systems and platform architecture to be able to communicate effectively with engineers and architects
- You have experience with IaaS, PaaS, SaaS solutions and modern cloud technologies (microservices, Kubernetes, CD pipelines, etc.)
- You are comfortable gathering your own data and deriving insights from data
- You have strong familiarity with cloud computing platforms (AWS and/or Azure)
- You are capable of owning an entire roadmap of complex services and operating autonomously
- You know how to craft a vision for a team, define goals and success metrics, and ensure that we are tracking towards improvements that align with Reddit's wider business objectives
- You are a compelling influencer with great communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to align a diverse group of stakeholders towards a common goal
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.
The base pay range for this position is: $183,500 - $275,300.