Staff ML Engineer, Channels Relevance
The Channels relevance team builds recommendations to connect the user to the right content in a timely manner. We process 100’s of millions of posts and user activity to build these delightful recommendations for 10’s of millions of users. We work on the intersection of machine learning and building large scale systems that generate them.
As a Staff engineer, you will own projects from ideation to production and help lead the roadmap for the team. You’ll work with a talented, cross-functional team to solve hard problems in order to create experiences that users will love. We are a team of builders that value impact, personal growth, openness and kindness.
- Architect and implement content recommendations for Reddit users.
- Participate in the full development cycle: design, develop, qa, experiment, analyze, and deploy.
- Experiment, improve and iterate on recommendations for users to surface the right content and the right time and place.
- Lead the roadmap, goal setting and technical direction for the team.
- Collaborate across disciplines to find technical solutions to complex challenges.
- Mentor and coach engineers on the team to be the best version of themselves.
- 6+ years of experience as a Machine learning engineer or Software Engineer developing production code.
- Experience building recommender systems, search or content understanding models for consumer products.
- Experience with setting up, maintaining, and debugging production systems and infrastructure
- Results-oriented with a strong customer and business focus.
- Entrepreneurial and self-directed, innovative, biased towards action in fast-paced environments.
- Able to communicate and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Able to tackle ambiguous and undefined problems.
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This role is US-based, and 100%, permanently remote.
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.